Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A Bunch of Reviews

(WARNING: This Post Contains Spoilers for Warehouse 13 and Alphas)


Hello there, my darling readers! I'm very, very sorry about not blogging last night. I was just soooo exhausted by the time I got time to actually blog, it just wasn't happening.

I spent almost all day yesterday hanging out with my best friend, H-chan, watching stuff. We watched El Cazador de la Bruja and Once Upon a Time. We've always watched random Anime and I made it my mission to hook H-chan on Once Upon a Time. I succeeded.

El Cazador de la Bruja


El Cazador is a pretty awesome Anime and a lot of fun to watch with a friend as there's lots to make fun of. The main characters are Nadie the Bounty Hunter and Ellis the Bounty. It's not immediately clear as to what's up with Ellis and why there are people spying on the pair, but it's slowly revealed and explained. The plot is essentially: There's somewhere Ellis needs to go and Nadie has promised to take care of her so Nadie takes her there. Along the way, there are some recurring characters who are both funny and creepy; most notably L.A. He's so, so creepy and he's obsessed with Ellis. We haven't finished the series yet, but I can't wait to find out what exactly is going on and what Ellis is being drawn to. I highly recommend El Cazador de la Bruja to anyone who's a fan of Noir, Madlax, and .hack//SIGN.

Once Upon a Time


Watching Once Upon a Time with H-chan is actually my second time watching through the series and it makes watching a bit... interesting, as knowing what happens skews the way you watch stuff. I really, really love this series and I can't wait till the second season starts. The plotting is just the right amount of intricate. The costumes are gorgeous. And I love the retelling of "classic" fairy tales and other such stories. The elements of the story come together in a way that ensnares the mind and makes you just want more. If you've always had a bit of a problem with the whole "Happily Ever After" ending and bland characters of Disney movies, I recommend you give Once Upon a Time a watch. The stories are fleshed out a bit more and the characters actually have personality. As I'm writing this, the second season is coming up in just a couple of weeks and I'm adding it to the list of shows I'll review and react to.

Warehouse 13: "Endless Wonder"


I loved this episode.  Just flat-out loved it. I wasn't too keen on Deb for most of the episode, but her turn-around at the end made me like her a little. Brother Adrian is turning out to be much more creepy that I thought he was going to be. I really don't like that someone who's apparently working for good is quite willing to kill innocent people just to prove a point. I wish Artie would just tell him what went down and maybe he'd understand... frankly, I think he deserves the "grave danger" he told Artie about at the end of last season. Claudia and Steve were wonderful, as always. I was stared at my TV for an entire commercial when I thought they'd been killed. I don't know why I thought they'd actually die, but... ya know... Steve already did. I really wanted to slap Pete for half the episode. Like, seriously, dude, keep it in your pants! Myka was brilliant, as always. Didn't have much to do this episode that wasn't completely normal so... yeah. I'm also extremely glad that the Warehouse was not revealed to the senator and business guy. I've never liked the mixing of business/government people and the people who actually know what they're doing. It always ends badly for someone. I gasped and grinned and did a little chair dance when HG appear at the end of the episode. She totally made my day.

Alphas: "Gods and Monsters"


Mmm... not too totally sure about this episode... I understand that Jason was lonely and all, but he really didn't need to do a flip-flop on his decision. Like, the SWAT guys really weren't that creepy and they just stood there so... meh. I was very glad to see Kat back. She's quickly become one of my favorite characters. Stanton Parish... he's like that one guy from Heroes mixed with that other guy from Heroes... the second and third season "baddies." Unaging, manipulative, and supremacist-y pretty much sums up Parish. I don't like him and I don't like how he decided to just control Jason all of a sudden. Yes, the kid's power is valuable, but you're really willing to let people die because you don't trust your allies? Seriously? Yeah... two days later and I'm still not entirely sure where I stand with this one...

Housekeeping


Look, I can do short and spoiler-free reviews! Or at least I can try. This is essentially what I was planning for last night, but didn't get around to. Links to pertinent Wikipedia articles appear where, well, pertinent. Hoping to get something a bit less review like up tomorrow, but I'm not making any garantees.

I'd love to hear what you think about the shows & episodes so don't forget to leave me a comment and follow me on Twitter. Link in the sidebar.

Love ya, Jessie. love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive