Friday, September 7, 2012

Remember The Titans - repost

Originally Posted: August 20, 2011

I was flipping channels during comercials today, trying to find something to watch during the commercials. I landed on ABC Family while Remember the Titans was on. I love this movie. It's actually somewhat odd that I like this movie, seeing as it's a football movie and I hate football movies. But, again, I absoulutely love this movie.

I guess the reason I love Remember the Titans so much is that it's more character driven than some of the other football movies. I've seen Remember the Titans maybe six times and I think I cry more at each viewing. This being the sixth time I've seen it, I don't really know that I can give an actual review. I can, however, point out that I am a nerd and thereby more into science fiction and fantasy than high school football movies. Remember the Titans ticks all the boxes in my head. Character driven, not heavy into the football game itself, and relatable characters -- even for us nerds.

One thing I thought was funny about this movie this time around is the character of Sheryl. She's played by Hayden Panettiere and Tess Panzer. Hayden was around nine at the time and Tess played the nineteen year old Sheryl. The funny thing is, Tess looks next to nothing like the grown up Hayden. Just something I noticed and was amused by.

Love ya, Jessie. love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive