Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Belated

I'm back from my semi-hiatus!happy0064 Free Emoticons   Happy

What Caused the Semi-Hiatus

  • Trip from Houston to Iowa
  • Total exhaustion
  • Lack of motivation
  • Not watching "A Town Called Mercy" until Monday
  • Having my brain hijacked by vampires

Today's Topic: The Trip

     So, as you've probably guessed by the lack of "Trip from Iowa to Houston" in the list up there, I'm still in Iowa. I will be in Iowa for two weeks, most of this week taken up by babysitting my cousins. I probably won't be doing many interesting things for at least this week, but perhaps I'll find an interesting movie on Netflix to review... I don't have access to SyFy for these next two weeks, so I won't get around to watching or reviewing Warehouse 13 or Alphas until I get back to Houston -- unless I decide to go back and review old episodes... which I might, I don't know yet. That said, I'll be getting on to describing my actual trip.
     I pretty much stayed up all night Friday night because by the time I was done packing, there didn't seem much point in sleeping when I had to get to the airport by 6 AM. I stopped at Starbucks on my way to the gate and ordered an Iced Green Tea Latte... what they gave me was an Iced Green Tea. Apparently I didn't say "latte" loud enough or something. Whatever, I didn't feel like dealing with it and the tea was good so... yeah... I fell asleep on the two hour trip to Chicago, where I had a layover for an hour.
     The plane to Moline was there on time, but had mechanial issues. We got to walk from the C-terminal to the B-terminal... and then we found out we got told before the crew did so we had to wait for them. I totally could have taken my time and took some pictures along the way. There's a dinosaur skeleton in the B-terminal and some awesome looking lights on the tunnel ceiling I would have loved to take pictures of...
     Anyway, we got to Moline a little late and I was greeted by my aunt and "Cousin 1." We then hopped in the car and went to a Toys R Us/Babies R Us to print out my little sister's baby registry... and my cousin and I gaped at all the My Little Pony toys (I'm proud of myself for not getting any). Last stop: my aunt's house.
     My aunt had a party for a friend going on that night, which I spent drawing, icing my ankle, and watching random bits of TV. So... total exhaustion.

Housekeeping

If you would like to see the few pictures I took on my way up to Iowa, you can find them on Facebook, which I'm sticking in the header right after I post this... Also, posts this week and next are most likely going to be sporadic, so be prepared for that.

That's it from me today, I think.

Love ya, Jessie. love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive