Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Raiding Netflix

Yesterday, I spent time in Downtown Iowa City with my cousins. My camera decided it didn't like me and so I had to trash a good chunk of my pictures, which pissed me off when I got to uploading them to my computer. The majority of my day, however, was spent watching Netflix. Beware spoilers for season 3 of The Vampire Diaries.

The Vampire Diaries Season 3

     I'd gotten into The Vampire Diaries in the middle of season 2, however I didn't really get a chance to watch due to scheduling and whatnot. It was understandably exciting for me to find the first two seasons sitting on Netflix. I watched those, was caught up by the time season three rolled around, but I missed a week and never caught up. This week, however, Netflix finally put season three up. party0040 Free Party Emoticons
     Anyway... I really enjoyed the second half of season 3. I did, however, keep getting annoying with Klaus being around. I found him ridiculously annoying and messed up. His issues are even worse than the problems I have with vampire politics. I found I was quite attached to Alaric, his death made me cry. I did not like how they brought him back, though. That was just... wrong on so many levels. The witches who stood for "good" apparently aren't as black and white as they want to believe...
     The plans at the end of the season were too many all at once. It was hard to keep track of who was doing what and why. I'm glad Elena wasn't a Bella-alike but disliked that everyone apart from Stefan seemed to think she needed to be treated like glass. It's obvious the girl wants to stay and help, let her do it, it'll turn out better.
     Anyway... if you're not watching The Vampire Diaries or are thinking about watching, I strongly encourage you to do so. Don't worry about not reading the books. In fact, avoid them like the plague. The TV show and the books have next to nothing in common and the books are so poorly written I could not get through the first one.

Ringer

     Ringer, for those who don't know, was a new show last season starring Buffy: The Vampire Slayer herself, Sarah Michelle Gellar. She plays twins who... have drama in their own lives and, because of circumstances in the show, each others. I'm going to leave it at that because the story is just too complicated to go into or follow unless you're watching the show. Although I can't really talk about it, Ringer is fantastic. I'm not normally into Ringer-style shows, but this one has me hooked. The characters are well written, well fleshed-out, and well-acted. I'm extremely happy to have Sarah Michelle Gellar back on the small screen, she's awesome as both Bridget and Siobhan.

Eerie, Indiana

     I... didn't like it. I only watched through half of the first episode, but... Eerie, Indiana is so camp it's ridiculous. I'd originally been telling myself to at least watch through the episode, thinking it would maybe get better... It didn't. That said, I think I might have liked this show had I seen it when I was younger. Which is good, because Eerie, Indiana was kids programming. Now that I've seen the likes of Buffy, Angel, Warehouse 13, Grimm, Once Upon a Time, etc. ... I just couldn't get into it.

All links in the post lead to Wikipedia pages. That's it from me for today.

Love ya, Jessie. love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive