Friday, September 7, 2012

Werewolves Abound - repost

Originally Posted: October 8, 2011

Today... I pretty much wanted to die. I say this because my head feels like it's going to explode. And most of the pressure is on the bridge of my nose -- exactly where my glasses sit. Yay. sick0002 Free Sick Emoticons But anyway... werewolves.

I watched An American Werewolf In London with my mom today. It was... interesting. Here are my initial reactions:
  • The preppy dead couple were creepy. Not because they were covered in blood, but because they were so... happy about their deadness. It was weird.
  • I'm totally more of a vampire person.
  • The end was funny. Let's show the body of the dead guy and then cut to black with a peppy song. Much better than some ending where the nurse can't get over what happened.
  • Was there an actual point to the murderous mutant commandoes from David's dream?
So yeah... I was kinda bored watching the movie and I'm glad I'm sick because I wouldn't have sat through this classic if I had been able to hold my head up sufficiently.

Because this movie had a fairly well realized werewolf for the time, I thought I'd list some of my favorites:
  • The Twilight Saga - They're not actual werewolves, but they're awesome in their wolfishness.
  • Van Helsing - You know, the one with Hugh Jackman. These wolves are properly furry, even if they're rubbish on four legs.
  • An American Werewolf In London - Probably won't watch this again, but at least the wolf didn't look like a naked mole rat.
And my least favorites:
  • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - Remus Lupin's transformed state looks like a long-limbed naked mole rat. It's apparently quite easy to tell a werewolf from a real wolf in that universe. rolleye0011 Free Emoticons   Rolling Eyes
  • Underworld - Again with the naked mole-rat syndrome. I understand they wanted something they could have a person run around in. However, the wolves they've got running around the apartment complex do NOT match what they've later got - clearly a man in a rubber suit that looks like a black naked mole rat.
  • Buffy: The Vampire Slayer - They look like people in Gorilla suits for the most part. I think there's one of them who's actually wolf-like in the face, but the rest of them are absolute pants.

Love ya, Jessie. character00136 Free Emoticons   Characters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive