Friday, September 7, 2012

The Idiot's Lantern & Impossible Planet - repost

Originally Posted:  August 17, 2011

So... today I rewatched the mid-second-season Doctor Who episodes: The Idiot's Lantern and Impossible Planet.

The Idiot's Lantern: I've watched this episode as little as possible because it's not even close to being my favorite Doctor Who episodes. I think I liked it a bit when I saw it for the first time, but honestly, that feeling has faded. I did, however, grin when everyone told off the father-guy. Magpie was quite annoying, the Wire even worse.

The Impossible Planet: As this is the... tenth? time I've seen this episode and the second part, I spent most of the time trying to remember when the split was. Toby was still creepy, and I was slightly sad when Scootie died. I'd also forgotten that the Ood have fairly expressive faces, for masks. I don't know why I'd forgotten it, but I was pleasantly surprised by that. Oh, and I noticed Rose was not as posited by... I think one of Radio Free Skaro's host's girlfriend... wearing a pink hoodie. It was a pink shirt-y, jacket-y thing. But that's just me pedanting something that honestly doesn't matter. I love this particular two parter, and I think everyone needs to watch it.

sign0018 Free Sign EmoticonOn another note, I fell asleep last night listening to Doctor Who Commentaries by the guys at Blogtor Who. I woke up after the last two episodes I had on my iPod had ended and replayed the last one. I never actually heard what was said, but woke up again when it was over. I pulled the headphones from my ears and dropped the iPod to the floor... and promtly went back to sleep. Just a silly little thing I did for no apparent reason...

Love ya, Jessie. love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive