Friday, September 7, 2012

Today's ACTUAL Blog Post

So... I've re-done the website/blog and moved blog posts from the old website to here... I'm sticking with this website now. It's not as awesome as I would like, but it's awesome enough, if that makes any sense... Anyway... today's blog post will be a couple of reviews: The Gargoyles section of Adrift in a Room of Mirrors and Super 8.

Adrift in a Room of Mirrors: Mercenary Motives (Gargoyles) - Princess Alexandria

     I honestly don't know who I spend more time giggling at: Christy of Demona. I also honestly can't express my delight that Christy had not only retained her power, but also is able to shift into a Gargoyle form with them. It reminds me of Raven from 500 Miles and some random picture of Mystique I saw once from the comics. I'm very glad Christy's shape-shifting powers are being put to good use as well, especially if Demona has anything to say about it. I also never realized how much I dislike Goliath. He's going right next to Cyclops on my "domineering and stupid leaders I want to just die" list. (No, you can't find that on the "Lists" page.) I'm really, really enjoying where the Gargoyle's storyline is going and I can't wait 'til the next installment. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Super 8

     First off, I loved this movie. The characters were well-developed, the settings were believable, and the story was captivating. However, this is another one of those movies that a) makes me hate the military and b) makes me worry about the day we do encounter an intelligent alien race.
     The military in Super 8 did that thing Hollywood Military is wont to do when encountering aliens: lock it up and study its technology. Seriously, guys? This is not the right thing to do. Ever. Just because you don't understand it and it's not human, strictly speaking, doesn't give you the right to lock it up and torture it. And once you've figured out a way to communicate, don't ignore and get rid of the guy who's figured it out. mad0229 Free Emoticons   Anger
     It's actions like this that make me really concerned about the human race in general. One of the things that's beamed out into space is movies. Aliens, assuming they exist, aren't necessarily going to understand that it's fiction. They're going to see the way our fictional counterparts treat things they don't understand (and let's face it, the way we tend to treat things we don't understand) and they're going to hate us before they even meet us. Just, ya know, needed to get that out. I know it's fiction and all but... this stuff has to be coming from somewhere, even if it's subconscious, because it's used over and over in pretty much every medium known to man. mad0229 Free Emoticons   Anger
     Rants over and despite the anger factor, I really did enjoy Super 8. The character interactions were very true to life, I thought. The kids weren't annoying or bad the way child actors can be sometimes. Elle Fanning in particular was amazing. I highly recommend you go rent, buy, watch on Netflix, whatever, Super 8. You won't regret it.

Housekeeping

As usual, links to fanfictions, author pages, and wikipedia pages are in the section headings. I think I've finally figured out how to make the headings look like they make sense with the site... Don't forget to go check out the rest of the new site. 

Love ya, Jessie. love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive