Friday, September 7, 2012

The God Complex - SPOILERS ABOUND - repost

Originally Posted: September 17, 2011

I have this feeling that the a good portion of the Doctor Who community is going to have a problem with this episode. This is because someone else has stepped in and crushed another aspect of The Doctor they hold dear. It's something the current production team has slowly been leading up to and has even said outright. The Doctor isn't the hero we want him to and perceive him to be. As he says to Amy: "I'm just a mad man with a box." But hey, I like my heroes to be more human.

Other then that, I really like this episode. I like how The Doctor gets it wrong. I like all of Rory's comments about Amy hitting him -- it reminded me of how I'm always slapping my dad for saying stupid things. I like Rita and I'm sorry she died. I was remined of a Buffy episode when the room full of dummies showed up on screen -- despite Sid, I'm still creeped out by dummies.

This episode wasn't a big run-around just because it could be. It was slower paced, which I liked. It needed that to finally come up to the conclusion it did. I liked that the hotel was just a big computer program. But what happened to the dead bodies? They had them all lined up so they didn't disappear like the others. So what happened to them? And oh, the Nimon reference. That made me laugh and point at the screen going "I know what that is, that's funny!" Also, the pictures on the wall. They showed up front the Sontaran and the Judoon, but there was a Siluran on the wall... and I think I saw that monster from "Love and Monsters." At least, the shape of the head was right... I think. Anyway, those are my views on "The God Complex."

Love ya, Jessie. love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive