Thursday, October 24, 2013

The Vampire Diaries - "True Lies" - Review

Intro

I was seriously contemplating putting both my The Vampire Diaries reviews into one post, considering the second one ended up being really short but... I've decided against that for some unknown reason, even to me. So now I'll stop with that most likely run-on sentence and get on with the Spoiler Warning.

SPOILER WARNING

The following review is for The Vampire Diaries, Season 5, Episode 2: "True Lies." If you have no seen it, you should go watch it before reading the review. I'm horrible at keeping spoilers out of my discussions.

The Vampire Diaries - "True Lies" - Review

Characters:

  • Elena Gilbert - Played by Nina Dobrev. Jeremy's older sister. Damon's girlfriend. Doppelganger and Vampire.
  • Jeremy Gilbert - Played by Steven R. McQueen. Elena's younger brother. Sees ghosts. Hunter.
  • Stefan Salvatore - Played by Paul Wesley. Damon's younger brother. Elena's ex-boyfriend. Vampire. "Shadow-Self" of Silas.
  • Damon Salvatore - Played by Ian Somerhalder. Stefan's older brother. Elena's Sire and boyfriend. Vampire.
  • Caroline Forbes - Played by Candice Accola. Elena's best friend. Vampire. Currently at college.
  • Bonnie Bennett - Played by Kat Graham. Witch. Ghost. Currently hanging around checking up on her friends and keeping an eye on things... or something.
  • Katherine Pierce - Played by Nina Dobrev. Doppelganger, former Vampire. Sire of Stefan and Damon.
  • Silas - Played by Paul Wesley. Immortal vampiric being.
  • Sheriff Lez Forbes - Played by Marguerite MacIntyre. Caroline's mother. Sheriff of Mystic Falls. Human.
  • Matt Donovan - Played by Zach Roerig. Works at Mystic Grill. Human.
  • Jesse - Played by Kendrick Sampson. Human.
  • Nadia - Played by Olga Fonda. Vampire bounty hunter.
  • Dr. Wesley Maxfield - Played by Rick Cosnett. A link to Elena's dad.

Review:

I feel really sorry for Jeremy and Matt. The pair of them keep getting shoved out of Mystic Falls for one reason or another. I did kind of enjoy that they got stuck with Katherine, though. She was amusing only because she's so pissed off about her "human" predicament. I did like how she sort of came around after Jeremy pointed out why people don't treat her like a person. Also, guns aren't that hard to figure out.

Caroline and Damon were fun to see interacting. They make quite the double act. It was also fun to see Elena attempting to kill Damon. It was cool to watch her just go at it. It was also pretty amusing how she stopped herself actually killing him. Not the Stefan thing but the poker through her leg and chair. The Stefan thing pissed me off, actually. I thought we were done with the "Elena has to choose between the brothers" nonsense.

It was really interesting to see what happens when the Immortality Ring works. I liked the concept of the soul ending up further and further away from the body. It explained the eventual corruption of the wearer, I think. I did not like that the experience gets wiped, but I suppose they had to explain why Jeremy and Alaric never said anything about that. I also have no sympathy for Bonnie. She still annoys me to no end and I'd love it if she just up and moved on already.

Lastly, I'm so not interested in any of the school stuff. Jesse is boring. Dr. Maxfield is weird. I honestly don't care about that plot line. I think we've got enough going on without the addition of "The Mystery of John Gilbert."

Miscellaneous Notes:

  • Liked the Moonstone reference.
  • Don't really understand why Silas wants Damon dead.
  • Kind of amusing Silas drinks blood from cups.

Theory:

Jesse turns out to be an antagonist.

Favorite Line:

"That's why people treat you like an object and not like a person." - Jeremy to Katherine

Housekeeping

Stay tuned in a little bit for the next The Vampire Diaries review.

Love ya, Jessie character00165 Free Emoticons   Characters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive