Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The Originals - "Tangled Up in Blue" - Review

Intro

It's weird not being on my computer at all until well into the afternoon... I did, however, go ahead and spend some of that time reviewing two episodes of The Originals and last week's episode of Arrow. Hopefully I'll be able to get those up before watching Arrow this evening, but I'm not sure...

SPOILER WARNING

The following review is for The Originals, Season 1, Episode 3: "Tangled Up in Blue." If you haven't seen it, I suggest you do before reading my review. I spoil stuff.

The Originals - "Tangled Up in Blue" - Review

Characters:

  • Elijah Mikaelson - Played by Daniel Gillies. Oldest of the surviving Mikaelsons. Original Vampire.
  • Rebekah Mikaelson - Played by Claire Holt. Youngest of the surviving Mikaelsons. Original Vampire.
  • Niklaus "Klaus" Mikaelson - Played by Joseph Morgan. Middle surviving Mikaelson. Original Hybrid.
  • Marcel Gerard - Played by Charles Michael Davis. Ruler of New Orleans. Klaus' protege. Vampire.
  • Davina Claire - Played by Danielle Campbell. Marcel's witch.
  • Sophie Deveraux - Played by Daniella Pineda. Leader of the witches.
  • Hayley Marshall - Played by Phoebe Tonkin. Werewolf. Carrying Klaus' child.
  • Camille "Cami" O'Connell - Played by Leah Pipes. Bartender. Human.
  • Thierry Vanchure - Played by Callard Harris. Vampire. One of Marcel's "daywalkers."
  • Joshua "Josh" Rosza - Played by Steven Krueger. Vampire. A "nightwalker" under Klaus' control.
  • Katie - Played by Alexandra Metz. Witch. Thierry's grilfriend. Deceased.
  • Sabine - Played by Shannon Kane. Witch.
  • Agnes - Played by Karen Kaia Livers. Witch.

Review:

The Originals wouldn't be a CW vampire show without some kind of vampire-run party or some kind of complicated plan. Of course we ended up killing two birds with one stone here.

Klaus and Rebekah show a knack for planning and pulling off complicated plans with no one the wiser. It was fun watching them set various parts of their plans in motion. It wasn't so fun finding out that Klaus, yet again, did something that served him and pretty much no one else. Well, I say that, but he did managed to get Marcel to agree to give Elijah back.

I felt absolutely no connection to either Katie or Thierry. Their death/incarceration meant nothing to me. It was kind of cool to Sophie was able to use Katie as a smokescreen, but since Klaus stepped in and put a stop to that, it was really for nothing. Davina's part in saving Marcel was really creepy.

I ended up disliking Marcel a bit more, mostly because he has too many rules for my liking. However, most of my dislike this episode was targeted toward Davina. She confuses me, at best.

I have no theories about Hayley's apparently demonic baby, though I found it weird she could spell what Sabine said perfectly. That's one of those TV things that really bugs me. But yeah, that's pretty much all I have to say about this episode.

Favorite Line:

"I can't believe you disposed of those vampires without me. You know how I love to set things on fire." - Rebekah

Love ya, Jessie character00165 Free Emoticons   Characters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive