Thursday, October 3, 2013

Pottermore - Goblet of Fire - Section 1

Intro

That's right, it's time again for another Pottermore Update! This came out yesterday and I figured I'd go through the sections that had interesting new stories/information attached to them and tell you what you should definitely check out, if collecting stuff and looking at all the pretty art isn't your thing.


SPOILER WARNING

If you have not read Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, please leave the blog, read it, and come back. I will inevitably spoil things because of the overall nature of Pottermore and because I'm horrible at keeping spoilers out of my reviews and what not.

The Weasley's Arrive

The first thing you'll want to click on is the fireplace. There's an interesting little article-thing on the Floo Network. We get a story about a woman who, after ending up in the altogether wrong fire, essentially ditches her husband for the man who's fire she ended up in. The story is, of course, a lot more interesting when you read it, so I encourage you to do so.

I was pleasantly surprised by the two sound clips found after the main article. J.K. Rowling herself tells the story I mentioned above and talks about her inspiration for the Floo Network! The sound clips are in English only, though there are transcripts provided. I'm not sure if the transcripts translate, but I'm sure someone's done that somewhere if you don't read English.

After checking out the Floo Network article, be aware that there is a very loud crash that happens when you click the fireplace again. I jumped a couple times when things crashed and fell so I figured I'd warn you.

The Misty Moor

Again we get an article/story about wizarding transportation. This time, it's Portkeys. The short tale is about a pair of dog walkers who end up at a Celestina Warbeck concert. One of the Muggles writes a Muggle version of Warbeck's "Cauldron Full of Hot Strong Love."

Also, because of my rabid listening to Mugglecast and using Mugglenet.com as a resource for my Harry Potter goodness, I would be remiss if I didn't mention that Emerson Spartz, the founder of Mugglenet, got a mention at the end of the Floo Powder article.

The Campsite

Okay so... Pottermore is gorgeous. Like, I'm extremely impressed by the artistry that goes into it. Yesterday I was extremely impressed with The Campsite scene. It was the most gorgeous piece of artwork I've seen on Pottermore. It's a lot cooler than how the scene looked in my head and on film. All the tents mentioned in the books are there. And I thought the clover-covered tents looked rather like Hobbit Holes. It was gorgeous. If you don't look at anything else I've talked about today, go have a look at this scene.

Of course, the gorgeous artwork made a perfect place to have an article about colors in the Harry Potter books. There's a bit of discussion about why wizards prefer emerald green and purple, why Aunt Petunia's house is largely salmon and peach, and what the colors of the Hogwarts Houses represent.

The Golden Stadium

The only thing I have about this section is a warning. The crowd noise is really loud and it's hard to find the items to pick up.


Morsmordre

Yeah... another gorgeous piece of artwork that looks a lot better than it ended up looking on film. The Dark Mark is just so sparkly!

A Hundred Horseless Carriages

I liked the artwork in this scene. It was really intricate-looking. However, I didn't want to stay on this page even long enough to grab my items because the sound of the storm was ridiculously loud. Pottermore seriously needs a volume control thing.

Housekeeping

Okay so... I apparently missed that The Vampire Diaries was premiering tonight. Thank you, Vampire Hype for making me look it up. I am planning to watch it live and review it tomorrow... and I suppose I'll rewatch The Originals pilot as well, and re-review that... maybe. Next week, however, Once Upon a Time in Wonderland takes precidence over TVD and so I'll switch to reviewing TVD on Saturdays.

From here on out, due to the usual length of my reviews, I'll be putting each one in a separate post. Unless I get lazy, and then I won't.

Love ya, Jessie love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive