Monday, October 28, 2013

Once Upon a Time - "Nasty Habits" - Review

Intro

I went to the Texas Renaissance Festival yesterday. It was fun, but tiring. If you'd like to see the pictures I took, you can see them by following THIS LINK.

Because members of my family forgot to tell me we were leaving later than originally planned, I had some time to myself yesterday morning. I spent that time writing reviews. I finished three of them and started on a fourth. I'm going to see how many I can type before having to leave for work today. Wish me luck!

SPOILER WARNING

The following review is for Once Upon a Time, Season 3, Episode 4: "Nasty Habits." If you have not seen the episode, I highly recommend watching it before reading my review. I spoil things with impunity.

Once Upon a Time - "Nasty Habits" - Review

Characters:

  • Emma Swan - Played by Jennifer Morrison. Daughter of Prince Charming and Snow White. Birth Mother of Henry Mills. Product of True Love. "The Savior."
  • Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold - Played by Robert Carlyle. Father of Baelfire. Grandfather of Henry. The Dark One.
  • Regina Mills - Played by Lana Parrilla. Mother of Henry Mills. Step-Mother of Snow White. The Evil Queen.
  • Prince Charming/David Nolan - Played by Josh Dallas. Father of Emma Swan. Husband of Snow White.
  • Snow White/Mary Margaret Blanchard - Played by Ginnifer Goodwin. Mother of Emma Swan. Wife of Prince Charming. Step-Daughter of Regina Mills.
  • Henry Mills - Played by Jared Gilmore. Son of Emma Swan, Baelfire, and Regina Mills. The Truest Believer.
  • Captain Killian "Hook" Jones - Played by Colin O'Donoghue. Pirate.
  • Neal Cassady/Baelfire - Played by Michael Raymond-James and Dylan Schmid. Son of Rumplestiltskin. Father of Henry Mills.
  • Peter Pan - Played by Robbie Kay. Big Bad of Wonderland.
  • Tinker Bell - Played by Rose McIver. A fairy who lost her wings trying to help Regina.
  • Felix - Played by Parker Croft. Peter's messenger... or something.

Review:

"Nasty Habits" was actually more depressing than not. Neal finally made it to Neverland but ultimately fails to save Henry for more than an hour or two, at most. Rumple is so ridiculously self-loathing and Neal goes and makes it worse. The team of Emma, Snow, Regina, Charming, and Hook find Baelfire's star map but can't read it and Emma dissolves into tears. And finally, Henry succumbs to Pan's manipulation, or at least seems to.

In addition to all of that mess, we got more back story on Rumple and Bae's rocky relationship. I thought it was essentially more of what we got before Bae went to the Blue Fairy. The only slight surprise was the Pied Piper thing, though that was obviously going to be Pan all along.

I honestly don't have very much to say about "Nasty Habits." I think Neal was ridiculously resourseful and extremely judgmental toward his father. I thought Belle was criminally underused. At this point, I'm hoping this Neverland story line gets wrapped up sooner rather than later.

Miscellaneous Notes:

  • I don't like Felix's accent.
  • I like that Charming's got his priorities straight.
  • Yup, Pan's dastardly. Much with the planning, like Rumple.

Favorite Lines:

"You may have grown up, Baelfire, but it would appear you have grown up stupid." - Felix

"Well if there's one thing I've learned from you hero types it's that there's always hope." - Hook

"Yes, because preteen Baelfire probably made lots of pasta." - Regina

Housekeeping

Next up, Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, "Forget Me Not" review.

Love ya, Jessie character00165 Free Emoticons   Characters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive