Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Reign - "Snakes in the Garden" - Review

Intro

Today will be another day of three reviews. The first is Reign, the second is Grimm, and the third is Dracula. Not going to leave you waiting any longer so...


SPOILER WARNING

This review is for Reign, Season 1, Episode 2: "Snakes in the Garden." If you have not seen the episode, please do before reading my review. I'm horrible with spoilers.

Reign - "Snakes in the Garden" - Review

Characters:

Review:

This week we continued the threats on Mary's life with intimidation and the revelation that Colin wasn't actually executed when the monarchs had said. I honestly have no problems with this. However, the problem with Historical Drama is that it is Historical. The story already happened. We know the ending. I find that takes some of the suspense out of things. For example, Mary doesn't die until 1587 so all attempts on her life in Reign are doomed to fail.

That said, I was happy to find the "ghost girl" isn't actually a ghost. I think it's pretty cool that Clarissa is helping Mary out to the best of her ability. I also found it interesting that Nostradamus knows about Clarissa as well. I'd really love to find out why she's living in the secret passages.

I found the pact between Francis and Mary to be very sweet. Francis putting his foot down with his mother made me like him again. I also like that Francis is concerned for Mary beyond her being a Queen. It bodes well for their future relationship.

Other than that, I found Kenna's budding relationship with the King kind of fun. I like that she's concerned with her virtue and reputation, but I also like that she doesn't have to stay on that route. All of that concern is something that annoys be about history.

Favorite Line:

"And don't give up. Don't run. Stay." - Francis

Love ya, Jessie character00165 Free Emoticons   Characters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive