Monday, October 28, 2013

Supernatural - "I'm No Angel" - Review

Intro

A third review today? What madness is this? Check my "Nasty Habits" review to find out!

SPOILER WARNING

The following review is for Supernatural, Season 9, Episode 3, "I'm No Angel." If you haven't seen it, I recommend you watch it before reading the review. I spoil stuff.


Supernatural - "I'm No Angel" - Review

Characters:


Review:

I was pleasantly surprised to get both Cas and the boys in this episode. I thought we might be getting a few more just one or the other episodes before they met up. That said, most of what I have to say about the episode is rather choppy.

I liked Cas on his own. It was amusing to see all the funky reactions he got from people. It was also really sad to see him scrounging for food, but I thought it was good he got himself a warding tattoo. I'm not sure why Ezekiel bringing him back invalidated the warding, though. That was rather odd.

I liked watching Sam and Dean do their FBI routine, as usual. It was actually kind of fun to have the Angel vessel show by a podcast. I was not expecting that twist.

Speaking of which, it was nice to get a new villain introduced. Bartholomew is definitely a chip off Naomi's block. It was slightly cool to see what happens when someone obviously can't be a vessel, even if that girl was killed in the process.

Uhm... Anyone else have a giant problem with Ezekiel this episode? First the guy wants to help and then he gets all huffy when actually called upon to help. True, Dean told him to back off, but I still thought it was weird. It was even worse at the end of the episode. I really want to know why Cas' warding was invalidated when Ezekiel brought him back. That just seems dumb to me. And also weird that Ezekiel would be in danger because of it.

I know it's become my mantra at the end of these things, but I really can't wait for the next episode.

Miscellaneous Notes:

  • Did not catch that Cas' "Clarence" alias was a Meg reference. I'd forgotten she called him that.
  • Freelance Reapers. That's not good.
  • When did Sam start reading labels?
  • Didn't realize this 'til later, but this was the second appearance of Shannon Lucio in the same night. She appeared on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. earlier that evening.

Favorite Lines:

"You lack of faith doesn't cancel what I believe. That's not how it works." - Woman in chruch

"It ain't just burritos and strippers, my friend." - Dean

Housekeeping

That's pretty much it for not. I have a couple paragraphs of my Reign review done, but, in the event that gets posted today, it won't get posted until later tonight. This week seems to be mostly reruns of stuff, so I have a bit more time to catch myself up...

Love ya, Jessie character00160 Free Emoticons   Characters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive