Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Dracula - "The Blood is the Life" - Review

Intro

The third and final review for this afternoon. And this one I didn't even write out first.

SPOILER WARNING

The following review is for Dracula, Season 1, Episode 1: "The Blood Is the Life." If you have not seen it, go watch it before reading this review. There will be spoilers.

Dracula - "The Blood Is the Life" - Review

Characters:


Review:

Alright, here goes. I very much enjoyed this episode. I think I'm going to enjoy the show. However, I'm not sure I'll be able to review this as I normally would. I find this steam-punk-y, intrigue-laden stuff hard to wrap my head around in any meaningful way. That said... I'll just move on to notes and lines.

Miscellaneous Notes:

  • The effects bringing Dracula back from a desicated shell were better done than in Underworld.
  • Seeing Katie McGrath as a blonde is super weird.
  • Vampire Hunters covering up their killings with Jack the Ripper. Always fun to see different takes on that.
  • Jayne's training scene reminded me of a similar scene in Electra.
  • Dracula working for Van Helsing is odd, but I like it.

Favorite Line:

"The heart never lies." - Van Helsing

Housekeeping

If you didn't catch my drift in this brief review, I'm going to be taking Dracula off my list of things I'm reviewing. Perhaps I'll do an end-of-Season review or something instead.

For now, I'm off to watch some things in order to come up with reviews for tomorrow. Thanks for reading! Let me know what you thought in the comments.

Love ya, Jessie character00165 Free Emoticons   Characters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive