Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The Originals - "Girl in New Orleans" - Review

Intro

The second of three reviews I'm posting tonight... or at least planning to post tonight...

SPOILER WARNING

The following review is for The Originals, Season 1, Episode 4: "Girl in New Orleans." If you have not seen it, I recommend doing so before reading this review. I spoil things.

The Originals - "Girl in New Orleans" - Review

Characters:

  • Elijah Mikaelson - Played by Daniel Gillies. Oldest of the surviving Mikaelsons. Original Vampire.
  • Rebekah Mikaelson - Played by Claire Holt. Youngest of the surviving Mikaelsons. Original Vampire.
  • Niklaus "Klaus" Mikaelson - Played by Joseph Morgan. Middle surviving Mikaelson. Original Hybrid.
  • Marcel Gerard - Played by Charles Michael Davis. Ruler of New Orleans. Klaus' protege. Vampire.
  • Davina Claire - Played by Danielle Campbell. Marcel's witch.
  • Sophie Deveraux - Played by Daniella Pineda. Leader of the witches.
  • Hayley Marshall - Played by Phoebe Tonkin. Werewolf. Carrying Klaus' child.
  • Camille "Cami" O'Connell - Played by Leah Pipes. Bartender. Human.
  • Joshua "Josh" Rosza - Played by Steven Krueger. Vampire. A "nightwalker" under Klaus' control.
  • Agnes - Played by Karen Kaia Livers. Witch.
  • Diego - Played by Eka Darville. Vampire. One of Marcel's "daywalkers."
  • Dr. Paige - Played by Andrea Powell. Gynecologist.
  • Tim - Played by Shane Coffey. Human. Davina's childhood friend and crush.
  • Father Kieran - Played by Todd Stashwick. Human. Reverend of the church Davina lives in.

Review:

It's official, I want Davina's back story. I want to know where she came from and why she's so attached to Marcel. This tiny glimpse into her past muddied the waters, as far as that goes. Also, Davina's naive/pure/creepy routine is driving me a little nuts.

I got kind of attached to Cami this episode. I like that she's so up front with Klaus. I like that she doesn't like what he's doing to her and insists on trying to make him stop. I'm not impressed that Klaus went against he wishes with her memory of her brother. She doesn't need to be entirely devoted to his little spy games. That's dumb.

I'm somewhat confused as to what Rebekah's up to baiting Marcel. This was the second time she's done the really close flirting thing and it's just weird. I understand they have a history, but seriously? What. The. Hell. Rebekah? That said, I'm really glad to see Rebekah honoring Elijah's wishes to protect Hayley.

Speaking of which, Elijah's apparently been invited into Davina's home or else has a lot more self-control than he displayed in Mystic Falls. Or he was the one that stopped Rebekah from entering Davina's home. It's all very confusing. I'm glad Elijah's back, though. He's my favorite Original next to Rebekah and always makes things more interesting.

As for Ms. Hayley, I'm impressed she fended off her attackers for as long as she did. That fight scene was fun. I am somewhat confused, though, as to the identity of "the Wolf." Is Hayley referring to the wolf she transforms into? Is she referring to the wolf that's been "drawn to her." Or do I just read entirely too much fiction where people refer to their "wolves" as such? I suppose time will tell with that.

Miscellaneous Notes:

  • Davina is creepy as fuck.
  • Agnes is pulling her own shit. That's no good.
  • God, Klaus. Really? You really just did that to her? You suck.

Love ya, Jessie character00165 Free Emoticons   Characters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive