Monday, February 18, 2013

Once Upon a Time - "Manhattan"

Okay so... I've had a rough couple of days, at least in terms of sleep. I was babysitting while Once Upon a Time was on last night so I watched it this evening instead. However, I'm not exactly going to do a review or initial reactions for the episode. Instead, I'm going to do a bit of a hybrid thing. Except bullet-points, observations, and random bits of ranting.

If you have not seen this week's episode of Once Upon a Time, please leave the blog now and come back later. This hybrid-thing will contain SPOILERS.

Once Upon a Time - "Manhattan"

  • Rumple's so excited to go to war. It's kind of sad, really.
  • No one like surprises, Emma.
  • Oh look, Cora's all modern and stuff.
  • That "I can't run" scene was decidedly less epic than I'd thought it was going to be. The chase scene directly after, equally so.
  • Gold bought Henry a hotdog? That's cute.
  • I'm sure people are angry that all that was in the box was Baelfire's name. Kind of reminds me of when The Doctor met River Song. At the same time, I could have sworn the box glowed when August opened it.
  • Future Sight is complicated. I thought the puzzle metaphor was nice, but it lacks some stuff. Choice, being one of them. Possible alternate universes spawning from those choices being another. The future would have to be a whole lot of puzzles all crammed into one box in order for the puzzle metaphor to work properly. At the same time, I guess the number of pieces would drop as you got closer to one goal... but then a bunch more would spring up... Timey Whimey Stuff Makes My Head Hurt.
  • I did not see Rumple breaking his own leg coming. As soon as I saw that mallet, I cringed.
  • I really don't like Milla. Most people would be happy their significant other came home and didn't die, even if they did a "cowardly" thing to get home.
  • Seriously, Cora has to be using some kind of mind-control on Regina. I do not buy nor like Regina's sudden turn around. It just doesn't make sense to me. I see her as stronger than that. Also, one lie makes Emma the same as Regina? WTF Henry? Gah! I hate him, really I do.
  • Oh joy, Henry has a big destiny and Rumple apparently wants to kill him. I'm not exactly happy about either of those things for various reasons.

    Tyrannian Plot

    I mentioned a little while ago that I'm following the current plot running on Neopets. As of right now, we've got four teams who want the obelisk thing. Not sure what's going to happen with the teams, but hopefully we'll be able to pick our team for the remainder of the plot. It'd be an interesting twist on the usual Neopets plots.

    As a slight side note, the heading for this section is a link that'll take you to the "Mysterious Outskirts," the hub for the Tyrannian Plot.

    Housekeeping

    I am going to try my hardest to get Supernatural and TVD reviews up tomorrow. This is a goal I have set for myself and so it should get done. If it doesn't... eh, I dunno. I'm tired.

    Love ya, Jessie. love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

    No comments:

    Post a Comment