Friday, February 8, 2013

Everybody Hates Wild Betrayal

Just finished watching last night's episode of The Vampire Diaries and figured I'd go ahead an review this week's episode plus the episodes of Arrow and Supernatural from Wednesday. It goes without saying, I think, that there will be SPOILERS for all three episodes. However, if I don't tell you there will be SPOILERS, you'll have a fit. So here you go, a nice big SPOILER WARNING. Think I've said SPOILERS enough?

Arrow - "Betrayal" - Review

I'm not sure where to start with this episode, exactly. It's got a lot going on, some of which matters and some of which doesn't. Some of it... I'm just not sure about. This isn't me saying I couldn't follow the episode, it's just... I don't know how to go about talking about it. So... I guess I'll start with Laurel and Detective Lance.

I think their falling out really needed to happen and I'm glad it did. I'm not entirely happy with the execution of it, but it makes sense with the way things were set up. Also, we get a corrupt police force out of it, which is good and bad. Adds another element to the story, but... it's been done a thousand times. Really hope Detective Lance doesn't turn into a funky copy of Commissioner Gordon from Batman. Anyway... I think Tommy getting pissed at Laurel for apparently lying to him was a little... over the top, I guess. It didn't seem to me like that was something that was foreshadowed at all, which, from Tommy's reaction, it needed to be.

Olly's reaction in keeping Laurel out of things makes sense. I'm not sure I like that she's not going to be able to contact him anymore, but I do think she's going to find a way. Speaking of Olly's reactions to things, I'm not quite happy about his reaction to his mother being involved with "The Undertaking." But whatever, Olly's been quite focused on his family of late, even if it made more sense for him to suspect his mother of stuff. Thea seeing things recently that their mother brushes off as something else was like "BIG TARGET HERE." And yes, I would have thought that even if I didn't know that Mrs. Queen was involved with... stuff.

Oh, and apparently Slade isn't Slade because this new guy is Slade. Yeah... I'm confused. In a good way. I think it's good that the not-Slade guy isn't Slade, but how does he not know his "partner" is still on the island? Something there just doesn't add up. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Supernatural - "Everybody Hates Hitler" - Review

I've never been fond of Golems. They're just... too easy and at the same time too narrow in how they're done. However, I did like how the Supernatural writers did Golems. Mixing and matching what they needed while adding a new twist. It was cool.

Although... why Nazi's? That was just... I'm tired of Nazi's.

It's also kinda cool that the boys have a "Bat Cave" now. Just hope that knowledge doesn't get into the wrong hands. I also liked Dean's sum-up at the end of the episode. Sam's always been more inclined to the Watcher - I mean Man of Letters - thing than Dean ever has been.

Solid episode, even if it is filler. This is the kind of stuff I like. Dour and dreary Supernatural bugs me.

The Vampire Diaries - "Into the Wild" - Review

Hmmm... again with the Klaus drama! Granted, there had to be someone left behind to look after him, but... would it kill them to have an episode that didn't feature Klaus at all? Also, I was surprised that he actually stabbed and bit Caroline. I know he's mad at Tyler, but that he'd take that chance with Caroline... Gah! Of course, I saw him curing her coming a mile away. So obvious. Does not redeem the spoiled little brat at all.

I was actually surprised that Elena still wanted to take the cure. I was under the impression she'd pretty much dropped that because she'd fine being a vampire now. Of course, I probably should have known that she's extremely stubborn and wouldn't give up being human again for anything, which is annoying.

Another annoying thing: Shane. I'm just gonna leave it at that because I'd really just rather not talk about him.

Last annoying thing of the day: Vampires should be able to track their prey through their senses. No one was hunting for Jeremy in a remotely vampire way. I yelled at the computer screen through their drama that they should use their vampire noses or something in order to find him. Did they not just spend a few minutes pointing out that Elena could hear Rebekah talking about her from farther away than a human could have? And then they just... forget about that while looking for Jeremy? What? Why? The following thought popped into my head while thinking about this: At least the Twilight vampires used all their abilities when looking for people.

Anyway... I have no doubt that next week is going to be some thrilling thing about Damon almost dying at the hands of the Hunter; Elena, Rebekah, and Stefan not using vampire abilities to track down their friends; Klaus being annoying as hell; and Shane getting killed by Silas because Silas lies, as all good bad guys do. Not that I actually know all this, but I can dream.

Housekeeping

I got a picture of my nephew smiling today! I'm super happy about this because he's smiled a bunch for my littlest sister to catch on camera, but none for me. But yeah... Did I mention I didn't really have anything "houekeeping-y" to put here?

Love ya, Jessie. love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment