Friday, February 1, 2013

As Time Goes By Vertigo

Finally watched Arrow and Supernatural today... those were some very interesting episodes. More on that, though, after the SPOILER WARNING. If you have not seen this week's Arrow or Supernatural, please leave and come back later. There are SPOILERS in these reviews. Also, rather minor spoilers for Buffy: The Vampire Slayer... for no particular reason.

Arrow - "Vertigo" - Review

Okay so, I thought the guy playing The Count was the guy who played Jefferson on Once Upon a Time... but I was wrong, cuz he's the guy who played Lee on Fringe. I do think he did a fantastic job playing a crazy person. I also wish he was sticking around. He'd have been a fun villian. A little like Scarecrow, but more... suave looking.

The conversation Olly had with Laurel about Thea and how he was "working on something" on his end probably would have sounded better if she knew he was The Hood. Just his wording made it sound that way... because really, how much could Oliver Queen do about Thea's predicament just as Oliver Queen?

Speaking of Thea, she did another one of her quick turnarounds. Granted, we've had her thinking her mother's the root of all evil for two episodes, but still! It is, however, understandable considering this isn't the Thea Show, but... it just irks me slightly.

I'm glad Felicity seems to be getting a bigger role on the show than just random IT girl. I like her a lot. She's Olly's Oracle. I thought McKenna Hall was a fun character. I really hope she's going to be around more.

And now... the flashbacks. I cannot express how much the tension is just sucked out of them by virtue of them being flashbacks. Take this episode, Olly is apparently killed by Yao Fei. But we know he's alive in the present. We also saw Olly do that exact same thing to that mob guy before the flashback. So... there was no tension there because we know it must have been Yao Fei who taught him that and that Olly survived into the present. It's incredibly annoying. We know Olly's a bad ass. Enough already!

Supernatural - "As Time Goes By" - Review

This episode reminded me very much of Buffy: The Vampire Slayer. The Men of Letters are like Watchers. In fact, they pretty much are Watchers. The elite Hunters are essentially Slayers... without the super powers. Speaking of super powers, Abaddon reminded me very much of Glory. Just the way she handled herself and her dealings with the Winchesters. It was Glory without the crazy fashion sense.

I quite liked this episode, despite more Winchesters time traveling. I can't wait to see what this library of knowledge holds.

Love ya, Jessie. love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment