Saturday, February 16, 2013

Magical Mystery Cure - Review

SPOILER WARNING SPOILER WARNING

If you have not seen the season three finale of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and do not want to SPOIL yourself, please leave the blog and come back after you've watched it. The following review is full of SPOILERS. Oh, and this is the most image-heavy blog post I've ever done... but I couldn't help it! It needed the visual aids!

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic - "Magical Mystery Cure" - Review

So... I think I spent a great majority of this episode crying. ALL OF MY FEELS, MAN!

Ahem... Now for the review-y part of the review...

I thought the premise of the episode was an interesting one. Though I'm surprised Twilight Sparkle didn't follow the sort-of-unspoken-rule of not reading spells out loud until you know what they do. Obviously, this can lead to bad things, like you fraking up your friends' lives, for example... But anyway, I thought it was interesting how each of the Mane Six (minus Twilight) attempted to handle their altered destinies. I'm also glad they did that eye-rewind thing when they got their cutie marks back. It made it very clear that the spell had worked across time and wasn't just a sudden thing. Which makes me momentarily wonder how the altered Mane Six got their cutie marks... seeing as they all sucked at what they did...

Oh, and I gotta talk about the music. It made me cry. It was just so AWESOME! I can't properly articulate how wonderful it was. I gotta find somewhere to download that so I can cry some more...

Now for my fan-girling over random stuff: It was nice seeing some Crystal Ponies in with the regular ponies during the coronation. Also during the coronation, I saw Time Turner standing with Dinky Hooves. For those who don't know, Time Turner is known by fans and official merchandise as Doctor Whooves. Dinky Hooves is supposedly (according to fan-shtuff) The Doctor and Derpy Hooves' love-child... or something. It's cute, okay?!

First time:
 When I noticed it:

We also got to see Vinyl Scratch from the front for once! Shining Armor's apparently too manly to cry and has to make up an excuse for doing so... Liquid Pride. I might just have to use that. And uh... Derpy made a second or two appearance! Found that out thanks to the following picture from Memebase...
It's really hard to miss just watching it, but she's there! And all derp-eyed, too! I'm a happy Brony. Oh, oh! And the Mane Six's coronation dresses! I love, love, love all of them but Twilight's... and that's growing on me... slowly.

Finally, the Twilicorn thing. I'm totally okay with it. I'm glad the Elements of Harmony were involved with the transformation. I'm glad Princess Celestia didn't just randomly show up and go: "You're a princess now, Twilight Sparkle." I was properly explained, properly set up, and dang it! It made me cry!

Housekeeping

Okay so... the first to pictures in this post are from the Friendship Is Magic Wiki. The second two are screen-grabs by me off YouTube. And the last picture is from Memebase.

Now I'm off to work on a couple pony commissions and babysit my nephew. Really not sure when I'm going to get around to the other reviews I have to do, but... this one had to be posted like now.

Love ya, Jessie. love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment