Thursday, February 28, 2013

In Which I Rant a Little and Review Arrow

Today, I watched an episode of Arrow, went to Target with my mom and sister, spent a bulk of my evening de-Easter-Grassing Celestia and Luna ponies, watched an episode of Buffy: The Vampire Slayer, and then spent till now de-Easter-Grassing Cadance.

If you have figured out that I'm going to rant about Easter-Grassed Doll Hair, you'd be right. I have always hated that stuff. It would periodically show up in Barbie dolls when I was younger. We'd play with them a little and then go to brush their hair, only to find out it was made impossible by EASTER GRASS. Yes, it makes the hair look more shimmery while in the box. Yes, it makes the hair look terrible once the doll or pony is out of the box. Yes, it tangles the hair very easily. Yes, I just spent a good three-ish hours cutting it out of my ponies' hair with a razor. Yes, it was annoying. No, they shouldn't put it in toys.

This stuff was in every single hair plug the ponies had. It looked horrible. It was annoying as all get out to find, especially in pink, yellow, and purple hair. There was A LOT of the stuff, too. See Figure A.

Figure A.



















Anyway... I mentioned I watched Arrow today, yes? Here's your SPOILER WARNING. If you have not seen this week's episode of Arrow, go away and come back later. There are lots of SPOILERS in the following review. Oh, and a SPOILER for River Song's identity, if you haven't gotten there in Doctor Who yet.

Arrow - "Dead To Rights" - Review

This episode was fun. It also blew my mind there at the end, that was fun. I spent a good five minutes pacing in my room freaking out. I was not expecting to see Ms. Alex Kingston show up and proclaim that Sarah Lance might be alive. Alex Kingston, for those who don't know, has been on Doctor Who for the last... three, four years?... as Professor/Doctor River Song/Melody Pond/Mels. That's two Doctor Who alumns to show up as parents on Arrow. Gah! Oh, and I also thought Mrs. Lance was dead for some reason... but meh.

Speaking of Doctor Who alumns, I really, really enjoyed John Barrowman in this episode. I think that's partially because I'd rather see him in action instead of trying to look creepy. He doesn't do creepy well. My completely unrelated weird crossover fan observation: I was slightly disappointed when Mr. Merlyn did not come to with a gigantic gasp of breath any of the times he came to. But that's just me being a little weird and nerdy...

But that's a good segue into how awesome Felicity was this episode. I like that she's getting some combat training from Diggle instead of just sitting at a desk. However, the quick costume change from work-out gear to work gear was a little... disconcerting. But she was awesome anyway. Quite the Oracle-type-person... which I keep saying.

The other big reveal of the episode was Tommy being told point blank that Olly is the vigilante. I don't think it bodes well. I think Tommy's going to end up being a villain. I think he's going to hold Olly not trusting him as a big thing and that'll be part of what sends him to the villain side. I do like that he's keeping Olly's secret, though. It's nice. I'm also wondering when Olly's going to tell Dig and Felicity that Tommy knows.

Can't wait for the next episode. Hope we get some answers to some of my questions, because those questions are important.

Obelisk War Coverage

Basically, today's thing is Battledome centric. Really easy battles with various members of the other team. Yay.

Housekeeping

Buffy took precedence over TVD, sorry. Hopefully, I'll be watching Supernatural and TVD tomorrow. I'll also be styling some ponies so... ya know, that'll be fun.

Love ya, Jessie. love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment