Friday, March 1, 2013

Supernatural - Remember the Titans

This is your SPOILER WARNING. If you have not seen this week's episode of Supernatural, please leave the blog and come back later to avoid the SPOILERS in this review.

Supernatural - "Remember the Titans" - Review

I spent a good chunk of this episode trying to remember what significance the eagle eating Prometheus' intestines or whatever had. I remembered that detail from somewhere but I couldn't remember where until Sam revealed that "Shane" was Prometheus. I thought that was a fun little mystery.

I thought the entire "pre-credits" sequence was ridiculous. Prometheus being run over wasn't done very well. The eagle eating bits of his stomach was just some unconvincing and obvious CG. Also, I didn't like the sheriff. First he checks and obviously dead and frozen guy for a pulse after seeing an eagle eating from the guy's stomach. And then he jumps immediately and whole-heartedly into zombies. What? How did this guy get to be sheriff? Gah!

As usual for me, I saw parallels between this and Doctor Who. Prometheus' returning from the dead over and over reminded me very much of Captain Jack Harkness. I'm incredibly satisfied with Prometheus being the explanation there.

I'd forgotten the Greek/Other gods existed in the Supernatural universe so seeing them was pretty awesome. That meeting between the gods was such a long time ago. I really liked seeing them represented again and their interactions with each other. Artemis was rather wooden, but it sort of made sense with her having to hide her love of Prometheus from Zeus. I really liked Zeus, too. He was properly pissed off, self-involved, and vengeful.

I thought this was another nice filler episode. I like it when there are call backs to earlier episodes and mostly forgotten mythology.

Love ya, Jessie. love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment