Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Nuzlocked Batman

Intro

This evening I spent time finishing up the 2nd Season of Batman Beyond. Kind of glad for that to be over, considering I've been watching it for a month.

Today I've got a review of Batman Beyond's 2nd Season and today's Nuzlocke Challenge Update. Also, there will be a Housekeeping section after the Nuzlocke Update.

SPOILER WARNING

If you have not seen Batman Beyond, Season 1 or Batman Beyond, Season 2 please leave the blog and return later. I tend to be more spoiler-y than not in my reviews.

Batman Beyond, Season 2 - Review

Batman Beyond, Season 2 was the Season of returning villains. We got Shriek, Spellbinder, The Royal Flush Gang, Willie Watt, and Stalker back, that I can think of. We also got some kind of interesting one-off villains in Payback and Dr. Wheeler. For the most part, the villains were very connected to Terry's high school friends. Makes me wonder why apparently no one's noticed that trend with Batman.

I really liked that we got more Max this season. I really like her. I think she's more than a match for Terry and Bruce. I think her funniest moment was when she got tricked by Bruce in "Where's Terry?" Her most awesome moment was also in "Where's Terry?" when she save Bruce's butt with the Ts.

I'm somewhat glad we didn't get a whole lot of Babs this season. What we did get was kind of awesome, but she's a lot more abrasive in Batman Beyond than pretty much anywhere else. In terms of other minor characters, I liked the Ratboy episode with Dana. Showed she had more spunk than I gave her credit for. I also liked the last episode of the season "Ace in the Hole." I was not expecting that to be an Ace backstory. And Bruce totally worries about him during the episode. If you've seen it, you'll understand why I say that.

Personally, my favorite episode this season was "The Eggbaby." Yeah, it was cheesy in parts, but I was really amused by it. I liked that we got a really old school Batman villain. I liked the humor of the episode. I also liked the eggbaby concept. It made me very glad all I had to do in Home Ec was carry around a potato.

Overall, this was a really solid season. I can't remember any of the really clunky episodes off the top of my head, but that's probably more to do with the fact that I took a month to watch this so... there are clunkers, but the good far outweighs the bad.

I'm going to be taking a little time off watching Batman Beyond, so the Season 3 review will probably take longer than a month to come out.

 Nuzlocke Challenge - Day Twenty-One

The Game: Pokemon Fire Red
The Character: Vera
The Pokemon:
Frankie - 35
Ms.Feather - 35
Bri - 35
Knight - 34
Jordan - 35
Rogan - 34






Day 21

I've apparently been spelling Rogan's name wrong. I meant to name him "Rogen" in the game but I just noticed that I named him "Rogan." So... that's not a new Hitmonchan up there with a slightly different name.

Today I got Fly from the chick in her "Secret Retreat" up on Route 16. Ms.Feather is now an air-taxi.

I headed back down Route 17 to Fuchsia City on the left side of the route. We fought a few Bikers and Cue Balls we'd passed going up on the right.

Ms.Feather then flew us up to Saffron City where we had another go at Silph Co. We got through 2 more Team Rocket Grunts and 2 more Scientists. We also grabbed TM01 - Focus Punch.

I almost feel like I should kill one of my Pokemon just so I can draw another tombstone... the Snorlax and Eggsecute ones look kind of forlorn on by drawing pad...

Housekeeping

I've added a new page to the site! Up there in the navigation bar is a new label: "Fall Schedule."

For those who don't know, I do reviews for shows as they air. My Fall Schedule details what I'm planning to watch and when I'm planning to review stuff.

This year, I've decided not to do Initial Reactions. Instead I'm going to be killing some old notebooks with notes so I can then review shows for you. Initial Reactions didn't really make sense as a thing anyway, considering they were meant to be a substitute for live Tweeting and didn't live up to that.

Nuzlocke Challenge Updates will be getting their very own posts next week. Review posts run long enough as they are/will be.

But yeah... that's pretty much it from me for today. If I go on any longer I'll babble.

Love ya, Jessie love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment