Friday, September 13, 2013

Nuzlocke Challenge - Day Twenty-Three

The Game: Pokemon Fire Red
The Character: Vera
The Pokemon:
Frankie - 40
Ms.Feather - 40
Bri - 40
Jordan - 40
Rogan - 40
Bo - 35






Day 23

It's Friday the frigging 13th!

My team and I ventured into the Seafoam Islands cave system today. There was much running about, shoving boulders down holes, battling Zubats, Psyducks, and Seels. The first Pokemon we ran into was a Golbat. I caught her and named her Fala after a character from Amelia Atwater-Rhodes' Demon In My View.

We discovered the Legendary Bird Pokemon Articuno down in the caves, but decided we would leave it alone for the time being. I needed more Ultra Balls while the team needed a bit more training so we flew up to Saffron City. From there we ran through Lavender Town and back down to Fuchsia City, battling other trainers along the way. I did not in the least enjoy trouncing all the bird Pokemon from those damned Birdkeepers this time around.

Restocked and trained up, my team and I hopped on Frankie's back and headed back to the Seafoam Islands. We returned to Articuno's hiding place and poked it with a stick. This prompted a long, drawn out battle with the beautiful creature, during which Knight was brutally cut down by an Ice Beam. At long last and after many Sleep Powder applications and Ultra Balls, I caught Articuno. Because it is a Legendary, I did not nickname it.
R.I.P. Knight
My team and I then flew back to Fuchsia City in order to lay Knight to rest and pick up his replacement, my Snorlax, Bo.

We took a quick little detour up to Celadon City to pick up an Amulet Coin from one of Professor Oak's Aides before heading back to the Seafoam Islands and on to Cinnabar Island. Bo, despite being ten levels beneath Frankie, Ms.Feather, Bri, Jordan, and Rogan, proved that he was well worth the catch by One Hit KOing most of the Pokemon we battled along the way.

Once on Cinnabar Island, my team and I visited the lab there. I met a scientist who took my Helix Fossil in order to reanimate it into an Omastar. I have yet to return for the Pokemon as we headed over to the Pokemon Mansion after a quick fishing break off the Cinnabar Island coast. I caught a Shellder who I named Sarah.

The Pokemon Mansion has so far turned out to be a disappointing annoyance. The first Pokemon we ran into was a Rattata. A Rattata! She could have been a Koffing or a Weezing or even a Growlithe, but no, she had to be a frigging Rattata. I don't really have anything against Rattata, but at this point, I'd have been much happier with a less common Pokemon. Regardless, I did not let Bo kill her and instead caught her. Her name is Teri.

Hopefully, tomorrow's adventures will make the Pokemon Mansion less annoying.

Love ya, Jessie. love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment