Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Crashed Through Alphas

Today was spent watching Grimm and Alphas. I'll be reviewing Grimm and Once Upon a Time tomorrow. Today, it's time for Alphas. The following are my initial reactions. There might be a review after and there will definitely be SPOILERS starting... now.

"Falling"

  • Oh no! Mixing drugs and Alpha abilities, whatever shall we do?
  • Rachel's so cute!
  • Rosen, your video footage sucks.
  • Awkward...
  • Kid's inherited Dad's ability.
  • Ah, Gary...
  • Not the right phone... there you go.
  • Shit. He made the stuff.
  • Poor Kat.
  • Go Kat. You're so badass when you wanna be.
  • Lol, Gary.
  • Oh that's what that handle thing is for. I was wondering while watching Grimm.

"The Devil Will Drag You Under"

  • You went and put her on a plane.
  • Oh yay, undercover...
  • Yeah, I don't think she's in trouble, Rosen.
  • Geez, Hicks.
  • Hicks is a bad guy now. How fun.
  • No, no, no. That thing is definitely "neat."
  • What's with telepaths and bondage?
  • Yep, offer that to Nina, but Bill can't have it.
  • Nice reaction, Dani. Go figure, you don't really trust Parish.
  • Time for the Magneto talk.
  • Great way to treat family, Parish.
  • Cerberus... nice name for a boat.
  • I really don't like Parish.
  • This is where Dani dies...
  • Or Cam dies...
  • Or not.
  • Kamikaze Cam... or not.
  • He's gonna blow it up anyway.
  • Ouch. Fuck.
  • Oh Gary. You amuse me greatly.
  • Nina, your powers aren't that strong... sad0082 Free Sad Emoticons

"Life After Death"

  • Most haunting rendition of "Twinkle Twinkle, Little Star" ever.
  • Gary's so sweet in his own way.
  • Lol, Gary. You're awesome.
  • I think the term there is "Yowza," John.
  • Poor Gary.
  • This is not a good idea, Hicks. Good on Nina for refusing.
  • Hmm... weird baby power... or something.
  • Giant lie. Yup.
  • Where's Kat when you need her? - FBI training, of course.
  • Good for Rachel. happy0054 Free Emoticons   Happy
  • And Bill gets the baby.
  • Good guys who're planning to kill the bad guy. Nice.

Review

This is probably going to be more of a string of final thoughts, but I'm calling it a review anyway. I really enjoyed these last three episodes. I think seeing them one after the other lessened the emotional impact of things like Dani's death. I found I don't really like Parish. Like, really don't like him. Usually, with villains, I can sympathize with them a bit and understand where they're coming from. Parish... not so much. I'm disappointed by that.

I'm glad Rachel and John are working things out with their relationship. Should be fun to see how that continues to develop. I was highly amused by Gary and the baby in "Life After Death." I'm also incredibly proud of the fact that Hicks and Rosen seem to be planning Parish's death. Makes a nice change from good guys who aren't willing to permanently rid themselves of the bad guys. If they don't end up killing him... I'll be disappointed.

Anyway, that's it from me for today. Look forward to a review of Grimm and Once Upon a Time tomorrow.

Love ya, Jessie. love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment