Saturday, October 20, 2012

Suprise! It's a Saturday Grimm Post!

I just finished watching this week's Grimm -- Thank you OnDemand! I was, again, eating while I was watching so I don't have initial reactions for you. I do, however, have a combinations initial reaction/review thingy. There will be SPOILERS so if you haven't seen the Grimm episode titled "The Other Side," I would go away now or skip down to the Housekeeping section. Bye!

Are they gone? Good.

Grimm - "The Other Side" - Review

     Anyone else find Renard really, really creepy during this episode? Anyone? Yeah... the side effects of that Purity Potion/Kiss Wake-Up are interesting. Renard was in full stalker-mode, although I like that he's trying to resolve the issue. I enjoy how Juliette was really awkward during the dinner and then the ride home. She looked like she was extremely uncomfortable, which I like.
     I also enjoyed the procedural storyline. I pretty much called Pierce having something akin to Alternate Personality Disorder... or whatever it's called. I don't like that they had it going from his mother genetically altering him. Like, what? How is that even... what? I would have bought that better if his father had been Lowen instead. I do like that Pierce and his mom were tortoise creatures. That was different.
     I like that we had Munroe being on his own, just running Rosalee's shop. It seems he's getting just as geeky about herbal stuff as he is about clocks. He reminds me of me jumping from interest to interest and being a walking encyclopedia about them. 
     Let's not forget about Adalind and her sneaky stuff with Renard's brother, Eric. I enjoy how she didn't give away that she was de-powered. And I really enjoy how Eric was sooooooo slimy. I'm loving to hate him at the moment.
     I really really enjoyed this episode. Everything was well put together, the new characters were interesting, and the established characters were on top form. I can't wait to see the ghosties next episode. And no, that's not a spoiler, it was in the preview. tongue0020 Free Emoticons   Sticking Out Tongue

Housekeeping

Okay so... tomorrow should be my Once Upon a Time initial reactions. And next week, I'm so watching that The Munsters reboot: Mockingbird Lane. I will probably have initial reactions for that. Or at least a review. That's assuming, of course, the usual Friday shenanigans don't end up happening... again.

Love ya, Jessie. character00137 Free Emoticons   Characters

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog, and it looks great! I’ve been watching Grimm since the pilot episode, and it’s only gotten better over time. Before I got my Hopper, I was having a hard time keeping up because my friends and I get together most every Friday night. Now I just have the Primetime Anytime feature set to record all the primetime shows of the four major networks each night of the week. I just finished watching the recent episode of Grimm a few minutes ago, and seeing Renard and Juliette both out of their normal personas has really been interesting. Plenty of the people I work with at DISH have known that I called this side effect of the potion from the beginning. I’ve spent far too many hours of my childhood reading fairytales not to be suspicious of this potion/magic; after all, it’s probably the only reason why Snow White and Sleeping Beauty fell in love with two complete strangers –lol! As for Pierce, I was expecting him to be a half-breed of his mother and trivia coach, which I agree is better than gene splicing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and commenting! Yeah, I like how they do the "Kiss and wake-up spell" better in both Grimm and Once Upon a Time. Either side effects or they had an actual relationship with the person beforehand. That gene splicing thing just totally threw me for a loop... not very Grimm-like at all.

      Delete