Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Supernatural Alphas

So... I said I'd let you guys know if I was going to be catching up on Supernatural so... I've caught up and here's my review of the first three episodes, followed by my review for the Alphas season finale.
THERE ARE SPOILERS. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

Supernatural Season 8 Episodes 1-3 Review

     I spent Sunday night, after Once Upon a Time of course, catching up on Supernatural. I have to say, I think I like where this season is going. The show seems to be less dark and depressing than it used to be, which I like. I spent a good chunk of time laughing, which I liked.
     Character-wise, I'm interested in Benny's story. There's gotta be a reason he's so attached to Dean. Dean's head is back in the same, which is good. Sam seems to be back where he was during 1st season, wanting more than hunting. It was because of that characterization that I didn't really connect with him during the last few seasons. Kevin is something of a wet blanket despite his random bad-assery with the tricked-out church. Kevin's mom was awesome. She's not at all what I was thinking she'd be. Crowley... is Crowley. He's awesome. I do want Cas to come back, though. It's sad he seems to be stuck in Purgatory. I can't wait to see what they do with that.
     I will not be doing Initial Reactions for Supernatural, though I will continue watching. Reviews will probably be random, impromptu, and much like this one unless something comes up I feel the need to talk/rant about.

Alphas - "God's Eye" - Review

     I am of the opinion that there's nothing really to discuss about this episode of Alphas. Say, a bit. Theorize, probably. But nothing really to discuss. This episode was essentially lots of action that went by in a blur.
     We got three guys being knocked out/killed by the Alpha Gadget. One of them gets up and freaks out because of his new ability. Kat and Rachel find the guy and figure out they need Skylar. Skylar fixes the problem. New problem arises. Rosen walks around talking to a hallucination of Dani.
     Gary's mom wakes up. Gary helps Rosen ineffectually. Team gets shot at. Skylar finds out she can't fix the problem within a problem. Hicks shoots Parish. Rosen gives the super annoying "If we kill him, we're no better than him" speech. Everyone gets knocked on their asses by the Alpha Gadget in Grand Central Station.
     Except Gary.
     So we're left with the questions:
  • Which humans become Alphas and which die?
  • Are our team going to wake up with super abilities?
  • Why was Gary unaffected.
      Guess we'll just have to wait until next season to figure it out. I think Gary's ability or his autism has something to do with him being unaffected by the Alpha Gadget. I can't wait to find out. Like I said, gotta wait for it. Hope they have a next season, because Alphas got really good during this season.

Housekeeping

I noticed a spike in my pageviews yesterday after I posted my Initial Reactions for "God's Eye."

To newcomers: Welcome. Go read the one post tagged "Read First." It should explain some things and it's easy to access from the sidebar.

To everyone: I like comments. Leave me comments. I wanna hear your theories about Gary. So comment! Also, feel free to follow me on Twitter. It's in the sidebar.

Love ya, Jessie. character00137 Free Emoticons   Characters

No comments:

Post a Comment