Sunday, October 14, 2012

Lady of the Not Creepy Lake

Not much of a preamble here tonight except to say that I'm dropping 666 Park Avenue from my watch list. There will be a review explaining why after tonight's initial reactions.

Once Upon a Time - "Lady of the Lake" - Initial Reactions

  • The girls look awesome in their battle clothes. ^_^
  • And there goes the cloak.
  • Clotheslined, go figure.
  • Lancelot gone bad, interesting.
  • Yes, Cora, you did. You lying liar.
  • Lies.
  • You request an audience with prisoners?
  • And stupid code names again, Henry...
  • Of course he's gonna be a little snot and not go to school.
  • Lancelot goes good again?
  • I'm sooooo shipping Aurora/Mulan.
  • A very good question.
  • Of course he did, because he's not an idiot.
  • You could have just blessed the marriage and pretended it was your plan all along.
  • I love Snow reacting in the background there, that was awesome.
  • It's not simple, stop being a little snot.
  • Why are you packing, Regina?
  • Oh, figures.
  • Sneaky, sneaky.
  • You're all surrounded and stuff... and very badass to just take them all pretty easily.
  • Snow's more badass than you, Aurora.
  • Yup, make as much noise as is humanly possible. That's a wonderful plan.
  • Ogres don't seem so scary.
  • Snow's such a badass. Because you didn't know that already...
  • A woman he's going to mourn over because Charming killed her.
  • The lake totally dried up without the Lady.
  • You really needed to cover your tracks and go to the vault later, Henry.
  • The hearts are beating.
  • All Henry's reall concerned about is himself and not actually getting Snow and Emma back.
  • No, don't give it to her from the shell, but it in the ridiculous canteen.
  • It's like Narnia.
  • Because she didn't drink.
  • Lancelot totally followed you.
  • Because the Grail skilled worlds on him.
  • Or that's Cora.
  • Trapped in the rug!
  • Go Mulan.
  • Of course it wasn't gonna be that easy.
  • For yay! Also, obviously.
  • And now you know.
  • happy0190 Free Emoticons   Happy
  • Cora's found something...
  • Yay for Hatter!
  • Time for the cutesy scene.
  • And George is still running around.

666 Park Avenue - "The Dead Don't Stay Dead" - Initial Reactions

  • Creepy dolls in a creepy box in the creepy basement you went into even though it was not a common sense thing to do.
  • This blond does not kick ass which means she's going to die probably.
  • Creepy little girl with a creepy doll...
  • So who is this purple-shirted girl?
  • Time for him to be creepy guy again...
  • Writing lies is never a good thing.
  • Significance of flowers?
  • I really don't like judgemental rich people.
  • Seriously? You're apparently an intelligent man, what made "Of course it's true, I read it in the paper" come out of your mouth?
  • This business stuff is seriously uninteresting.
  • Yeah... this is so getting into the territory of my not caring at all.
  • So what's the price on Annie's wish?
  • Interesting side effects... figured that was gonna be it.
  • So... why does he want Henry so badly?
  • Obviously cleared streets are obvious.
  • Olivia clearly has issues.
  • Lech Brian is being strange in an effort to do the right thing, good.
  • She's so match-y match-y with her bed.
  • Not the creepy basement again...
  • Blood running down the door and creepy little girl. How obviously horror movie.
  • Wouldn't be a show in the city without a club...
  • Stalker Alexis is obviously a stalker.
  • She's gonna die because of her crazy story.
  • This is stuff is seriously boring as all get-out.
  • I think the remedy to Brian's problem is to stop feeding the OBVIOUS BIMBO.
  • Now that's a jealous look if I ever saw one.
  • That paper is too new to be as old as it should be, or at least as worn as it should be.
  • What was the point of him hiring Henry if you're just gonna kill him?
  • "Creepy little girl" isn't actually that creepy. Nikolas from Guilty Pleasures by Laurell K. Hamilton has more creep than she does.
  • Boring, boring, boring.
  • Get your butt out of that basement, Jane. And stop walking down there with no shoes on, it's dangerous.
  • Don't open the creepy case, idiot. And don't do what you just did, it's stupid.

666 Park Avenue - "The Dead Don't Stay Dead" - Review

     I've decided not to watch anymore of 666 Park Avenue. Most of the show bores me. I honestly don't care whether or not Gavin gets his ridiculous building. I have no connection with Jane. In fact, I think she's ridiculously inept at this whole "I'm gonna investigate the Drake" thing. I think she needs to go watch some horror movies and take a hint. Don't do the stuff they do. And what's so special about Henry anyway? He seems really boring to me.
      Also, the "scares" in this show. They're cheap and not actually creepy. In fact, they're really obvious. I decided to take a look at the Twitter feed for 666 Park Avenue today and I think most of the people who are watching have never read a supernatural thriller in their lives. Buffy had creepier moments and it was hilarious and not built for the creep-factor. I guess if I want creepy TV, I'm gonna have to catch-up on Supernatural.
     With no real answers as to what's going on and mystery that's pretty much forgotten for most of the episodes... I've really got nothing tying me to 666 Park Avenue so I'm dropping it.

Housekeeping

I did end up watching Grimm on Saturday, but I didn't write any initial reactions as I was eating while watching. That said, I should have a review for last Friday's episode up soon.

Love ya, Jessie. love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment