Friday, October 5, 2012

Drama Llama

Okay so... there's been a lot of drama going on within my family these last couple months. I've been part of some of it, but mostly I've just stayed out of it. I'm not going to go into what the drama is or the causes or who did what to whom, I'm just gonna talk about drama in general and how to stay out of it and avoid causing it. Because the drama's really been annoying me and I want it to stop.

First off, don't cause drama in the first place. It's really simple, just realize where there is drama and get the hell out of it. Let it go.

If you're the person or persons at the center of the drama, tell other people to stay out of it. This will hopefully lessen the impact of the drama and the amount of people getting pissed over it. It's not worth it. Also, if you know your friends, coworkers, and/or family have taken the drama and run with it, avoid that part of the drama. Tell people you don't want to hear about it, especially when it's obvious they're being silly or moronic about stuff. In the event that unrelated people have gotten mixed up in the drama, tell them to drop it and let it go. If they truly are your friends, they will knock it off.

Realize when the problem has nothing to do with you and when it does. When it doesn't, back off, go away, and ignore the drama surrounding the situation. Doing this will help stall the spread of the drama, maybe even stop it. This goes along with my next point:  Don't talk about things you know little or nothing about. I'm guilty on this front, I'll admit. But hey, I dropped it and am leaving it alone. You can do the same.

Keep your drama as far away from social media as possible. I know we all use it to let people know what's going on in our lives, but it's also a vehicle for drama. I know from personal experience that Facebook is one of the worst places in terms of escalating drama. I once got involved in a fight my sisters were having in Texas while I was in Iowa. In the event your drama is on social media, write a status or something telling people to knock it off. If they don't, block them.

Lastly, your friends don't actually want you to do anything about their drama. Mostly, they just want you to be an understanding sounding board. You are there so your friends have someone to talk to, not to be a vehicle for drama. The more drama you create around your friends problems, the more the drama escalates.

Anyway... I know my thoughts on this are kind of scattered, but you get the idea. Drama is no good for anyone.

Housekeeping

Okay so... I realized that Grimm was gonna be on tonight and I'd have a chance to post my initial reactions for that tonight but... my littlest sister is coming into town and taking my family to dinner so... I might not even be home in time for Grimm and might have to catch it OnDemand or Hulu. That said, as soon as I watch it, I will have some initial reactions and a review for you.

Love ya, Jessie. love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment