Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Honor Thy Father

Good evening, my minions! How are you? Oh wait... no one ever comments to my blog so... I don't know why I'm asking that. Moving on!

Gaiaonline has kicked off their Halloween Event, which means I'm currently embroiled in a war between Vampires and Elves. I'm on the Vampire side, of course. If you're interested in joining in the fun, head over to Gaiaonline.com and choose a side.

On to the main event of this post: my initial reactions to Episode 2 of Arrow: "Honor Thy Father." There are SPOILERS from this point in. Enjoy.

Arrow - "Honor Thy Father" - Initial Reactions

  • Roof Fight!
  • This is such a Batman thing... making the criminals piss their pants to get them to do what he wants.
  • Not sure I like Olly's friend...
  • Ya know, I'm annoyed with the Press just from seeing it on TV.
  • Why would you add the second one if only Olly came back, anyway?
  • Geez, Laurel. Ice Queen much?
  • Oh God. It's Loreo... I am pre-disposed to think he's a slimy git. (Points if you know what I'm talking about)
  • Bye Olly.
  • If he timed that a little better, he'd have a Stomp moment.
  • Mamma Queen needs to back off, especially as she's the one sending people after him.
  • How many people has he actually killed people with those arrows?
  • That's totally like a box... I don't like the decor.
  • Throw him into the lead position after five years on a deserted island... yeah, that's a brilliant idea, except not.
  • Seagulls are soooo annoying.
  • She's not gonna back down.
  • Weird white-haired Asian woman...
  • Lots of stuff, obviously. And I wanna know!
  • Living people are harder to be close to than dead ones.
  • Lol, of course that would be the thing... ice cream is yummy.
  • Running companies sounds incredibly boring.
  • At least he realises that.
  • Hello Ninja lady.
  • Bodyguards come in handy, it seems.
  • It's not like it's his fault, Mr. Lance.
  • Oh, let him in, Olly.
  • There's a reason you don't get into things with gangs of any profile.
  • That's not dirty, that's good parenting.
  • Don't use machine guns in tight places, idiots. You'll end up killing yourselves with ricocheting bullets.
  • Go Olly!
  • And now the weirdly dressed people run away.
  • Nice use of those "trick" arrows there, Olly.
  • The people he hurt weren't good people.
  • The book was blank when he found it?
  • Oh, Mommy-dearest...
  • Ouch... and also: I knew it wasn't deserted!

Arrow - "Honor Thy Father" - Review

     I really enjoyed this episode, even the "Previously On" part. It didn't feel choppy and it didn't drag. I feel like this is really rooted in a very solid world and not just flung up on the screen. The only part I had a problem with was Laurel and her father's argument about him wanting to protect her and her wanting to actually live her life. I guess, thinking about it, that plays into a point I want to talk about in a bit.
     Olly is probably one of my favorite characters on TV these days. He's got depth, even if he doesn't show it all the time. And I like how they explained that, too. He's got a point about having been alone for so long he forgot how to connect to people, they just don't seem to get it.
     And that brings me to an interesting point Thea brought up while telling Olly how she used to talk to him when he was dead. It's a hell of a lot easier to connect to dead people than it is to living ones. I think part of it has to do with dead people not being in the world anymore and essentially boiled down to whatever they're remembered by. Living people just have too many complications that get in the way. It's also hard to protect people when they don't want to be protected. Living isn't about being in a shiny rainbow bubble of safety all the time.
     But anyway... I'd really love it if Olly brought Diggle in on his secret. It looks like that might be where things are headed at the moment, but you can never really tell.

Housekeeping

Tomorrow: The Vampire Diaries. I'm also thinking about going ahead and watching this season of Supernatural... may or may not add it to my list of stuff to react to and review. Haven't decided yet. Let me know what you think and, providing you've decided to join in Gaiaonline's Halloween Event, look me up there. I'm Sorceress Digi and I promise I won't bite. winking0019 Free Emoticons   Winking

Love ya, Jessie. character00137 Free Emoticons   Characters

PS: I'm a vampire for Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment