Friday, October 19, 2012

Proceed to the Mermorial with Caution

Okay so, after writing out my reviews for yesterday's The Vampire Diaries and Beauty and the Beast, I decided to do those today in a completely separate post than the Grimm initial reactions. So... here you go. If you still haven't seen the episodes from last night, you'll want to go away and come back after you've watched them. This is officially your SPOILER WARNING.

The Vampire Diaries - "Memorial" - Review

     I've discovered I have issues with emotional people being turned. Choosing to be a vampire and then not being able to deal is a problem. It's also annoying as all get out. Elena, it seems, is going down the same road as Louis from Interview with the Vampire. I really, really hope she doesn't. I found myself so annoyed with her. To paraphrase Damon: feed on the damn humans already.
     Also, they really should have brought Caroline in earlier to coach Elena. It was so obvious she should be the one to do so. She understands Elena and wouldn't be distracted by sex. I was so happy when she finally got to coach her in mind-controlling. That just proved my point.
     Anyway, enough about Elena. At the moment, I really, really hate the new hunter. He's clearly much more ruthless than any of the hunters who've appeared on the show, especially Alaric. Speaking of Alaric, I'm glad they brought him back, hopefully for the last time, within the tenants of the show. He's there, nit Damon doesn't know it because he's a ghost.
     I'm very glad Tyler seems to be getting a better role this season and isn't just a puppet for Klaus. I also like that Jeremy's gift is doing more than just showing him dead people. I can't wait to see how he'll be utilizing that.
     Overall, this episode was brilliant. It hit all the right notes of action, romance, and tension. Can't wait to see how they follow it up next week.

Beauty and the Beast - "Proceed With Caution" - Review

      I wasn't exactly enamored with this episode. I understand there needed to be some character building but... it was rather boring. I found JT's small amount of development amusing, though. He's such a nerd! It's awesome.
     The procedural portions of the show were fairly standard and didn't wow me at all. None of the characters in that portion caught my attention at all. I couldn't wait for those parts to be over.
     I can't stand Tess. She's uninteresting and seems to be a stereotypical female cop who has something to prove to the male cops. I don't think it helps that the only time we see her is on the case. No actual character building for Tess.
     Probably the best part of the show is Evan the ME. He's witty and obviously good at what he does. I want to see more of him.
     I'm going to stick around for a couple more weeks, see how the show develops. I'll let you know if it goes the way of 666 Park Avenue.

Housekeeping

Barring any unforeseen random happenings, I'll be having my Grimm initial reactions up later tonight. See you then!

Love ya, Jessie. love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment