Saturday, April 20, 2013

Hide Pictures of You

I'm in kind of a weird mood this evening, given I just finished watching Lost. I may or may not have a review for the show when I've got a spare moment. Tonight, I have a review for this week's TVD and Initial Reactions for tonight's Doctor Who. This has been your SPOILER WARNING.

The Vampire Diaries - "Pictures of You." - Review

For the most part, this episode was interesting. However, it was ridiculously choppy, not lingering on a single moment. I felt like I was having some kind of whiplash.

Let's go ahead and start with... my annoyance at Caroline. She needs to make up her mind about Klaus and stick with it. Running to him at a moment's notice after yelling at him about being an asshole for a couple weeks in a row now. Needing a dress should not be ample reason for going to see him again. Yes, she looked awesome, but she's driving me nuts with the flip-flopping.

Damon and Stefan really ought to just leave Elena alone. I admire their tenacity, but it's getting annoying. Letting Elena deal with her shit on her own time would be a good idea. At the moment, they seem to be gearing up for an Elena-kills-everyone-in-Mystic-Falls murder spree. Either that or we get annoying Elena back.

I will refrain from expressing my super-annoyance at Klaus, as I do that every week. However, Rebekah and Elijah's little agreement was interesting. I thought everyone was being super harsh about Rebekah's desire to become human. Yeah, she can be a little flighty, but she hasn't given up on the cure since she learned about it. She hasn't been an utterly terrible person, in fact, mostly she's been pretty on-point as far as "humanity" goes. Besides, people without vampiric powers do pretty evil stuff all on their own.

I thought Bonnie was pretty awesome this episode, and yet terribly stupid. Of course Jeremy's not going to come back from the dead like Silas made it appear. She should know that. She really should. That she didn't kind of made me want to slap her, but... ya know, I totally wouldn't for fear of dying via witchcraft.

And oh hey, Tyler's back for five minutes. How wonderfully... not wonderful. I didn't really see much point there.

But yeah... this episode would have been a lot more interesting if more bits had been lingered on. It jumped around entirely too much for me to enjoy it completely. I'm saddened by Stefan and Damon's actions in Elena's direction. I sincerely hope Elena gets out and does something that really makes them leave her alone.

Doctor Who - "Hide" - Initial Reactions

  • Twas a dark and stormy night...
  • Pretty sure that's no ghost.
  • Creepy knocking will turn out to be The Doctor.
  • Another Ghostbusters reference... joy.
  • Lol, Doctor What.
  • He's such a nerd. He's brilliant.
  • Wow, Clara.
  • But why is is empathic psychic? Why not just empath?
  • So what well?
  • Good girl, Clara. I wouldn't go with him, either, especially while he's making faces.
  • These commercials are totally going to screw up the pacing.
  • Fast talking and whispering do not go well together.
  • Creepy things in the dark...
  • Wow, that set actually looked like the candles were lighting it.
  • Well this is a wonderfully wise conversation.
  • Matt's intrigued face makes me smile.
  • Really cold spot.
  • Seriously? You just leave her after she says that? Your alien-ness is showing, Doctor.
  • You went and made her mad with your chalk circle.
  • Hello mirror.
  • Shattering mirror.
  • Well that was interesting.
  • Lady of my own mind, Ms. Clara.
  • That was an ugly painting.
  • "It sticks out like a big chin." that's quite odd.
  • Why would she be fun?
  • Well that's a new one... "...sliver of ice in his heart."
  • "The TARDIS is like a cat." - Oh god.
  • You've had several.
  • TARDIS, you are amazing.
  • He's still got that thing?
  • I thought the glass broke on that?
  • Well this is fun. Lots of random time tavel.
  • Why are you sad about that?
  • Okay, that makes sense now.
  • That's an interesting way to put that.
  • Wait, what?
  • That was a really stereotypical thunder crash.
  • Yay pocket universes.
  • That is a very good question.
  • Very different things.
  • Quantum foam?
  • I'm gonna have to watch this again later to catch what he's actually saying.
  • So the mirror is a portal? Makes sense.
  • Yay wormholes.
  • The point of tether is that you keep them on so you can be pulled back, not for immediately taking them off. Yay weird sentences.
  • There are reasons you don't get rid of your tether.
  • Which is why you don't take off the tether-vest thingy.
  • And of course get around it by having an "echo house in and echo universe."
  • The glimpses of the creature remind me of the thing from The Lazarus Experiment.
  • And of course The Doctor is stuck.
  • Cloister Bells = super super bad things going on.
  • Well that was weird.
  • And Hilla's just... there for the post part?
  • So basically... the TARDIS is willing to essentially kill herself with Clara inside to get The Doctor while The Doctor's being rescued by someone else?
  • And now it's reminding me of that weird demon thing from Angel.
  • Rescued on the back of the TARDIS. That's very Jack Harkness of you, Doctor.
  • Yup, no mystery there.
  • Uninvited into group hugs. And then awkward family moments.
  • Yes, yes you are. Of course you're slow.
  • Of course there's two of them.
  • Gotta rescue the crap-looking monster, too.
  • That was... weird...

Housekeeping

Okay so... that was weird... and yeah... I'm in a weird mood, please excuse the weirdness of my words and sentences.

Love ya, Jessie. love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment