Friday, April 26, 2013

Review - "The Originals"

SPOILER WARNING

If you did not see last night's episode of The Vampire Diaries, please leave the blog and return later. The following review contains some small spoilers.

The Vampire Diaries - "The Originals" - Review

This week, we took a break from the main "let's fuck up Elena's life and then feel guilty about it and try to fix it" storyline to follow Klaus and Hayley to Louisiana. Despite a pair of vampire brothers annoying the hell out of me, I still could not bring myself to care about the storyline in this episode. I watched it, somewhat enjoyed bits of it, but was mainly calling Klaus a brat the entire time. Aside from that, here are my "thought about it thoughts" on "The Originals."

  • Klaus was a giant brat.
  • Hayley was a) boring and b) stupid.
  • I would much rather have seen more with the witches then the stuff we got with Klaus.
  • Elijah is a ridiculous person.
  • I'm with Rebekah and Katherine. Leave Klaus' scrawny, annoying, brat ass alone to deal with his shit.
  • If we never see heads or tails of this storyline again, I won't care.
  • I can't wait to see what Elena does with her "game."
  • This wasn't a story about "The Originals." It was about Klaus being a brat and being called on it for once.
  • The writers actually wrote an episode that didn't give me whiplash for once.

Housekeeping

Just a heads-up, but I might not get Initial Reactions out for Grimm this evening. My mother having a babysitting job and essentially saddling me with the baby Fridays nights has essentially put a plethora of dents in that plan. If there are Initial Reactions up... they'll be up in their own post, obviously. This is the last I'll be saying about that particular group of Initial Reactions.

Also, there wasn't a new episode of Grimm last week, apparently. My bad.

I just used the word "plethora." Suck it, AP English teachers. (Only people in AP English during high school will understand that.)

Love ya, Jessie. love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment