Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Vampire Diaries - American Gothic - Review

THE SILLY SPOILER WARNING

It's silly because the episode came out last week, you see. At least, I feel silly about sticking a spoiler here...

If you have not seen last week's episode of The Vampire Diaries, please leave the blog and return later. The following review contains spoilers.

The Vampire Diaries - "American Gothic" - Review

I'm pretty sure Klaus leaned nothing from his fight with Caroline, just like always. Yeah, he kind points out that he's not being as much of an ass as he could be, but he's still being an ass. What's worse is Caroline apparently falling for it. Really? Why, Caroline? Your strong, no-nonsense personality is being ruined by the writing and it's annoying. You've gone from being one of my favorites to making me want to punch you.

Speaking of punching people, Katherine made an actual appearance in this episode and boy was she confusing. I think her problem is well presented in the episode by her dialogues with Damon and Elijah. She's presented herself in one way, but is apparently exactly the opposite only she doesn't know what that opposite is exactly. Also, she and Elijah as a couple was not something I saw coming. I find it a bit odd. Somewhat realistic, but still odd. I'm glad we didn't see their relationship any more than we did, it might have just ruined them both. I've always liked Elijah and Katherine so it was nice to see them back.

I had a lot of fun watching Elena and Rebekah work together. It was especially fun with Katherine thrown in there. I could watch that trip for a while and not get bored. But I guess less is more 'cause that's pretty much broken up.

Which leads me to Stefan. I'm reasonably sure Stefan's not actually going to go off by himself, even if Elena is "cured." He and Damon are being really ridiculous about getting Elena the cure. Like, monstrously ridiculous. I sincerely hope they'll just let Elena be now she's gonna be murdering people over it. True, her humanity's turned off, but it's clear -- she's made it clear on multiple occasions -- that she's done with attempting to become human again. The boys need to listen to her for a change. Let the girl make her own decisions because she's certainly earned the right to.

Housekeeping

I'm all caught up! Yay!

Tomorrow will hopefully be Initial Reactions for Arrow. I'm very much looking forward to that. Meantime, I get to ride out a storm tonight. Wish me luck.

Love ya, Jessie. love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment