Friday, October 7, 2011

Winnie the Pooh's Miracle Day - Spoilers

Originally Posted: August 7, 2011

Okay so... don't take the title literally, it might hurt you.


I went to see Winnie the Pooh with my littlest sister and my Mom today. After slowly getting over my problems with the new voice actors and the drawing of Christopher Robin, I really, really enjoyed it. I wasn't expecting the live-action-y parts at the beginning and end, but that was a pleasant surprise. Also, make sure you stay and watch the credits because otherwise you'll miss the animated stuff during the credits and the Backson animated short at the end of the credits. Nothing in this movie jumped out at me and said "This isn't what I remember Winnie the Pooh as being," which is awesome. Also, I'm now of the opinion that Owl needs to stop reading things for people. He constantly gets it wrong. All in all, Winnie the Pooh far exceeded my expectations.


Now for the Miracle Day part. I am, of course, talking about Torchwood: Miracle Day. I just got finished watching the fifth episode and... it was interesting. I saw the cremation thing coming a mile away... if it works with vampires, why not on the new immortal people as well? And then there was Vera... I did not see her death coming and was genuinely shocked when the overflow camp supervisor person shot her. I'm genuinely sorry to see Vera go, I thought she was an awesome character and she seemed to make Rex lighten up a bit. Ester was... Ester. No change there. Rhys was back, yay! Oswald appears to be much scarier than I thought he was going to be... and Jack doesn't know him as well as he thinks he does, obviously. What Oswald craves is not death, it's attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment