Friday, October 7, 2011

Welcome/Mission Statement

Update: 5-3-13


Wow, I'd forgotten what I even wrote on this post. Regardless, it's mostly inconsequential to how I do things on the blog now. Here's what I'm doing now:

I watch TV shows and review them, mostly. Sometimes, I'll do a movie review, a book review, or even a toy review. These reviews are highly subjective. Their content is entirely mine and entirely dependent on my time constraints/mood when I review something. I wouldn't expect in-depth analysis or much speculation. I tend not to do either of those things very often.

I also post my "Initial Reactions." They're basically like live-Tweeting/commentary on whatever I'm watching at the time. I do this a) because it forces me to make notes and b) people don't like to be spoiled via Twitter/Facebook. Since my Twitter account is hooked up to my Facebook account, people tend to get annoyed when I live-Tweet stuff. So that's my compromise.

That said, it's currently 1:23 AM and I should be going to sleep right about now.

Love ya, Jessie. love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

Original Post


Okay so, this is probably the... third blog I've decided to start. The others were a) on Gaiaonline and not really a blog, b) killed when Yahoo took down Geocities, or c) mostly forgotten about and now deleted. This particular blog is a companion to the blog on my website. It'll basically be copy-pasting from there to see if I drum up more traffic. If I get more traffic here, I'll delete the other blog while leaving the rest of the website intact.

The entire reason for me starting this blog is that I need something productive to do and this fits the bill as far as I'm concerned. I don't really have a concrete thing to do with this blog so it's probably going to be a mishmash of random stuff I come up with. Also, it's going to be completely uncensored. What I type is what you get. If you don't like it for that reason, I would think twice about reading further. On that note, I really hope this is the first entry to the blog you read... as it is the first and all.

What I do sort of plan to do with this blog is to review some books, manga, TV shows, movies, and anything else that crosses my path. That includes websites I'm a member of and the occasional rant. I'm going to be updating the categories as I go so if it's not there, I probably haven't written anything about it yet. The categories that are there are ones that I know I want to or am going to end up posting about.

I think that's just about it for now... so I'll go off and see what I can think up to review/talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment