Thursday, October 20, 2011

Against the Moon, the last 20-something chapters

I did reading today. Fanfiction reading. Finished one, read a few others, mostly one-shots. Nothing really to report on the one-shots. However, I will finish my review of chapters 34-51 of Against the Moon by Spotlight Delight. (Link to the fanfiction in my last post)


So we pick up where we left off, during the summer months at the Lupin's. Remus gets and invitation to go to Sirius' for a formal dinner. Predictably, this ends badly, because the Blacks are deranged. And then there's the rest of the summer. Had me laughing the entire time. Sirius is just so funny when he's experiencing Muggle things for the first time. I absolutely adore Mrs. Lupin and totally want her as an aunt or something. Mr. Lupin, on the other hand, I'm not so fond of.


I understand his paranoia surrounding Remus' condition but he's entirely too mistrustful of people. The Blacks, I can understand, but juding Sirius by the actions of his mother... I'm glad that got turned around fairly quickly. And then there's inducing Remus' nightmares, albeit unintentionally. And now I'm wondering what his reaction will be when he finds out that James, Peter, and Sirius know about Remus' "furry little problem."


Mrs. Potter was amusing and I'm very glad she managed to bully Mrs. Black into getting Sirius off to the Lupin's. She sounds kind of like the person I'd like to be and often write Himeko to be -- for those who don't know, Himeko Sorano is one of the many people who live in my head and my favorite -- strong and able to convince people of things politely with threatening undertones.


This brings us to the start of the second year at Hogwarts. The boys are completely on-form with their inquisitiveness and hey, the Invisibility Cloak finally appears! Time for more mischeif, now with less chance of getting caught. Madam Pomfrey is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters, she's so sweet and awesome. I'd like to write more about what goes on, however, that would contain more spoilers than I'm comfortable giving out. Go read it, and perhaps we can talk about it sometime.


The new chapter of Against the Moon just came out today and although I've sort of reviewed it, I'm not going to continue these reviews until Spolight Delight's got a few more new chapters out. Again, links to Against the Moon and Spotlight Delight's profile are in the last blog post.


Love ya, Jessie. character00136 Free Emoticons   Characters

No comments:

Post a Comment