Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Twilight Sparkle, The Newest Princess

SPOILERS


So... I'm not breaking this post up into sections. I'm just gonna go ahead and give you my reactions to the news that Twilight Sparkle is becoming and Alicorn Princess. Permanently.

Frankly, I think turning her into an Alicorn is ridiculous. There's no reason, as of right now, that a Unicorn would be changing into an Alicorn. This does not make sense.

I read an article (THIS ONE) that sort of explains the reasoning... which I agree with to a point. The point I have a problem with i sort of ranted about above... The point I agree with is that apparently in Equestria, being a Princess is something that's earned. The message the show is trying to get across is that you can live up to the ideals even if you can't actually be a princess. Makes sense to me.

However, that doesn't really explain things like Princess Cadance. How did she earn her place as a Princess? As a teenager, she was an Alicorn, which is apparently a mark of being a Princess. It also doesn't explain Prince Blueblood. Are Princes not the same rank as Princesses just male? This seriously confuses me.

Anyway... I'm not completely passing judgement until after I've seen the episode. I also want to say that I will not be leaving the My Little Pony fandom over this. I like ponies, I like the show, I don't see any reason to just up and leave the fandom even if the show does something I don't like. I say this because of some comments I've seen on DeviantArt... and no other reason, really.

Love ya, Jessie.love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment