Monday, January 7, 2013

The Cricket Game - Review

Here's your giant SPOILER WARNING. If you have not seen Once Upon a Time: "The Cricket Game" you should click off this review right now. Ya know, unless you'd like to be spoiled...

Once Upon a Time - "The Cricket Game" - Review

As a return from a winter hiatus, I can't say this episode blew me away. There was too much flip-flopping of characters for me to be anywhere near re-invested in them. Mind you, I missed the first ten minutes and haven't gone back to watch but... eh. Really didn't enjoy this episode as much as I thought I would.

At the moment, I'd really, really like to just slap Snow, Charming, and Emma upside the head. First it's: Oh, Ruby saw Regina go into Archie's office so it must have been Regina who did it. Let's yell at her when she's CLEARLY shocked and distressed by Archie's death. Then it's: We're finding too much evidence so let's go to Gold and see if he did it or has a solution. Also, Emma didn't really do most of the magic that dream-catcher required. Gold did. Oh, and let's watch what was CLEARLY only part of the memory from the DOG and jump back on the "Regina did it" bandwagon. And then, let's go make her totally seem like a bad guy by essentially jumping her in front of her house and threatening her with losing Henry. OF COURSE she'd gonna come out looking like the bad guy. She's upset and you're being a bunch of idiots. GAH!

The back-story stuff was nice, though, I have to admit. I like that Rumple essentially goaded Snow and Regina into playing along to his tune. That was quite nice. I probably would have been more invested in the execution scene and the Regina killing Snow scene if it wasn't completely a back-story thing and kinda obvious neither of those things were going to happen. And yes, at that point in the story, Charming was totally in the right about Regina. Can't fault him on that. I liked that the reason Regina didn't specifically go after Snow and Charming was explained. I figured she was the more direct type so all the beating 'round the bush stuff didn't make a lot of sense for her.

And now I've gotta jump back to Storybrooke and talk about Cora and Hook. I really, really just want to kill Cora. That is not the way you treat your daughter, lady. I still don't think Regina's gonna come running back into your arms. In fact, I think she's going to hate you even more. However, I do applaud your not killing of Archie. That was a nice surprise at the end. And yes, I realize that for almost this entire paragraph, I've been talking to the character. So sue me, I talk to imaginary people sometimes. sign0164 Free Sign Emoticon

Anyway... next week looks intriguing, if the trailer's anything to judge by. At the same time, I want some twists cuz... Gold can't just leave Belle behind. That'd just be... sad. Very sad. Can't wait to see what happens, though.

Housekeeping

Okay, uh... I have no idea what I'm going to do tomorrow. Might review the last two episode of The Vampire Diaries... might do a series review for... something I finished already... might just flake and not do anything at all. Who knows. Watch this space, as they say.

Love ya, Jessie. love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment