Saturday, January 26, 2013

Catch Me If You Can

Today I spent... doing research for articles. Which was boring. And then I babysat my nephew and watched lots of Red Dwarf. I'm in a very good mood right now. ^_^

I have for you that review I promised. If you did not see Thursday's episode of The Vampire Diaries you ought to leave now and come back later. There are SPOILERS.

The Vampire Diaries - "Catch Me If You Can" - Review


"Catch Me If You Can" brought back the drama side of things. Joy. I do so love drama...

I can honestly say that Klaus is STILL getting on my nerves. It's not so much the innocent people he killed in this episode, it's his clear manipulation of everyone around him who actually has morals. He also doesn't seem to understand that maybe people would be more likely to do things for him if he treated them with a little respect and maybe made friends with them. Okay, maybe that last part is a bit of a pipe dream, but seriously, he needs to get an actual conscience.

I thought the Elena/Stefan stuff was well-dealt with here. Rebekah being back definitely made a difference. Now Stefan can stop sulking. I just have this little thing about that last scene with Stefan and Elena: he's just up and decided stuff for her again. Yes, I get the reasoning, but really, Stefan? If he thinks he's going to get her back if/after she's cured, I think he's sorely mistaken.

The Bonnie stuff... I've never really been a gigantic fan of Bonnie. I don't know what it is, but she just irks me. That said, I'm really annoyed with Shane and sad for Bonnie. It's super obvious he's using post-hypnotic suggestion to control her. He said the exact same thing both times she got angry. I don't know how she's not cottoned on to that.

Now on to the Cole/Jeremy/Damon stuff. I thought it was interesting. I think Cole might have a point about Silas. I think Elena put some of her expectations of Stefan onto Damon, as evidenced by her telling him he can fight the compulsion. I did enjoy how he warned Jeremy about the compulsion after he figured it out. That was nice. I think it shows that Cole was wrong about Damon not caring about Jeremy... or caring about him because of Elena. While that might be part of it, I think he really does care. Speaking of Cole and Jeremy, I like Elena's plan. Sounds good to me.

I had fun watching this episode. I missed Caroline a bit, though. I do wonder which team she's going to end up as a part of... I'd also like to know which team you're on: Team Rebekah, Team Klaus, or Team Shane. Let me know in the comments below, pretty please. Personally, I'm on Team Rebekah, 'cuz she's my favorite.

Housekeeping

I also watched My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic today. May or may not review that episode later, I just don't know.

Love ya, Jessie love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment