Monday, January 28, 2013

A Rant Just For Sidekicks

I'm incredibly sorry, but ABC has decided to delay the next episode of Once Upon a Time until FEBRUARY! GAH! But more on that later...

If you did not see Saturday's episode of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic or do not wish to have anything to do with my Brony-ness, please feel free to skip down to the section after this next one. There will be SPOILERS and discussions of ponies.

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic - "Just For Sidekicks" - Review

In this episode we get Spike... exercising his Dragon Greed with a bit of complete randomness. I'm not a fan of this episode. Spike is not Best Dragon. Spike needs to stick to being a secretary because he pretty much fails at pet-sitting. Yes, he learned a little something, but I can see that not sticking.

I'm extremely glad that animals in the Friendship Is Magic universe are semi-sentient, otherwise Spike and the Crusaders would have been found out as soon as they arrived in The Crystal Empire. Those animals would have made bee-lines for their owners and made a gigantic fuss in that train car. Spike definitely would have deserved to have been found out, though how no one noticed he was being ridiculous about those gems, I just don't know.

But anyway... I'm being incredibly down on this episode. Here are some good things about this episode:
  • Rainbow Dash and Tank were super cute.
  • The Cutie Mark Crusaders were awesome, as usual.
  • Angel was not being a spoiled rabbit.
  • Pewee got a cameo.
  • Crystal Empire Continuity!

The Rant About TV Scheduling

Okay so... I go to turn on Once Upon a Time last night and find out that they've decided to rerun episodes from earlier in the season. Why? No actual reason that I can see. This greatly annoys me. I would understand it if they had a sporting event or awards show, but no. They had neither of these things. Just: Oh, your show is back for two episodes and then gone again for a couple weeks, but here, have some reruns. WHY?

Mind you, I get really annoyed when my shows are delayed by sporting events or awards shows, but I really do understand that. I even understand, though not really, breaking shows for the holidays. Apparently no one watches TV over the holidays... Wrong, but just me saying it isn't going to change anything. Seriously, would it kill them to just air a show until the season is over rather than toying with us like that?

Okay... think I'm done with that rant now...

Housekeeping

Uh... not sure what I'm going to do about blogging tomorrow, seeing as there's nothing on I care to review until Wednesday. Yeah so... see ya!

Love ya, Jessie. love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment