Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Homesick Review

*Edit 1-21-13: I got the episode title wrong while I was writing this post. It's actually called "The Outsider."

So... I got a little caught up with stuff like shopping and sleep the last couple days... which meant that I sucked at getting back into the regular blog posts... thing. Sorry about that. But anyway, today I'd like to review the Once Upon a Time episode: "Homesick." That means there are SPOILERS, as always. If you haven't seen the episode and don't want to know what happens, I'd leave the blog now and come back later.

Once Upon a Time - "Homesick" - Review

I really enjoyed this episode... except for the end. I'm a big fan of "evil" characters getting some redemption and someone to love them so that makes me a big fan of Rumple and Belle as a couple. This episode had a lot of that in it. It also had a lot of Belle being independent, which I liked, and not smart in parts, which I didn't like. Seriously, child, you do not go onto an invisible pirate ship by yourself especially after having almost been killed or whatever by the guy who owns it. And why did Gold have a loaded gun randomly lying around in his shop? It wasn't even in a safe or anything... just... there.

Belle's history with Mulan was interesting. I quite liked that a) Belle decided to deceive the assholes in the hunting party, b) her outfit, and c) that she essentially saved everyone by virtue of not killing first. I did not like that Mulan just decided to give Belle her sword. That didn't make sense. Like, you're a soldier, why would you give your weapon to someone who obviously doesn't know how to use it and send them off essentially to their deaths. Yes, I know Mulan had that whole speech about people underestimating women, but giving up her sword was going too far.

Right now, I think Archie is Cora. The reasons I believe this are: Cora has the ability to shapeshift and it was far too easy to rescue Archie from the ship. That just rang tons of alarm bells.

Also, I think Belle just letting Rumple go off in search of Balefire was ridiculous. I'd have at least asked him why he doesn't make more potion. Like, he did make it right? And if he really loves her, why is he willingly leaving her alone in the same town as Hook? Seriously, Rumple? What the hell is wrong with you?

The end of the episode was... interesting. I think it's going to be a little annoying to see Rumple start from scratch with Belle... who is not Belle now and injured to boot. It also looks to be interesting with the guy in the car... especially with the preview for next week. Also, I'd really like to kill Hook now, though his reasoning for shooting Belle is sound.

Housekeeping

I want to know what you guys think about the episode! There is a comments section down below this post and it'd be great to actually hear from whoever's reading my ramblings.

Not sure when my next post will be... hopefully I'll find something to write about before Sunday, when I will definitely post my Initial Reactions to the next episode of Once Upon a Time.

Love ya, Jessie.love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment