Friday, January 18, 2013

Clue Review

Okay so... I just now (12:40 AM) found out that CW shows are apparently back this week... gah! On the bright side, I'm planning on watching them and reviewing... sometime this weekend, probably. No promises.

Instead of watching The Vampire Diaries tonight, I spent time with my bestie. We went shopping, babysat my nephew, and watched random stuff on Netflix. One of the things we watched was Clue. As I love love love Clue, I figured I'd review it for you.

Clue - Review

Clue isn't your average mystery movie or game adaptation. It's hilarious and a great way to spend a couple hours. It's one of my favorite movies... though it's often left off my lists because I forget about it. That said, I always enjoy rediscovering it. I think tonight was my fifth or sixth time watching it and it's still funny even though I know how it ends. (Psst. There are three endings.)

Clue features the talents of Tim Curry, Christopher Lloyd, Eileen Brennan, Madeline Kahn, Michael McKean, Martin Mull, Lesley Ann Warren, and Colleen Camp. They are all used to their comedic best, I think anyway, in the roles of Butler, Maid, and the Clue characters. Not a single person is underused or overstated.

I think my favorite thing about this movie is that it's really hard to tell who did what without the explanation at the end. Well, that and the comedy. I'm not normally a fan of comedy, but this was done well. Clue is set in 1954, though I think Miss Scarlet's hair alone screams 80s, somewhere in New England. The entire movie takes place in the mansion where the murders take place. No, that's not a spoiler, Clue is a murder mystery game after all. The setting and the characters make this movie fairly timeless, though random jokes about Communism will remind you that yes, this is set in the 1950s.

I think to tell you anymore would be spoiling the movie. I highly encourage you to go watch Clue and see for yourself what a comedic masterpiece it is. Currently available on Netflix... which is not sponsoring this blog. I just like Netflix, okay? tongue0020 Free Emoticons   Sticking Out Tongue

Housekeeping

Wait... we have a housekeeping section? But... I don't need this section this week since I believe I covered everything in the intro... *shrug* A well... have some Luna:

Love ya, Jessie.love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment