Monday, August 26, 2013

Nuzlocke Challenge - Day 12

The Game: Pokemon Fire Red
The Character: Vera
The Rival: Master
The Pokemon:
Frankie
Ms.Feather
Kors
Salazar
Ivy






Day 12

Instead of heading straight for Pokemon Tower, my team and I headed back up to the Rock Tunnel. The plan was to battle a couple trainers we avoided while running for the Pokemon Center and pick up a few items we skipped in the Rock Tunnel itself. Some of those trainers were Hikers. I hate Hikers. They exclusively have Geodudes, Gravellers, and/or Onix. Do these Hikers not know that I'm trying to train Pokemon other than Frankie?! Yes, I could totally defeat them with my other Pokemon, but it's just quicker to do with Frankie.

Of course once I actually got into the Rock Tunnel, I remembered I'd taught Flash to my deceased Voltorb, Tinman. I decided not to teach Flash to Rimmer, my Gloom, because he's much to useful to be saddled with Flash. So... there went the plan to collect a couple more items from the Rock Tunnel.

Ah, well. To Lavender Town and Pokemon Tower!

You would think, given the nature of the Nuzlocke Challenge and all the Pokemon tombstones I've been drawing, that Pokemon Tower would be more significant. Yeah... not so much. It's another building I can't get through quickly because Running Shoes don't work in there.

Master showed up as we reached the second floor of Pokemon Tower. He had a God Damned Gyarados! I'm incredibly jealous! A liberal application of Poison Powder and Gyarados' confusion thanks to Thrash too care of it quicker than I thought it would. Ms.Feather and Kors did most of the heavy lifting with the rest of Master's team. True to form, Master's Raticate was nowhere to be found and therefore assumed dead.

On the third level of Pokemon Tower, my team and I ran into Channeler Hope. He Ghastly went a murdered Rimmer! OOOOOOOHHHHH! mad0054 Free Emoticons   Anger I'm so mad about that! I went ahead and left Pokemon Tower and Lavender Town after that. I decided we'd try Route 8 instead. We need a Silph Scope to complete the Pokemon Tower thing anyway so... off to Celadon City we went.
R.I.P. Rimmer
On Route 8, we added a level 17 Ekans to the team. I named him Salazar. I was slightly disappointed because I'd been hoping to run into a Growlithe.

Kors has become increasingly annoying with his lack of Accuracy. Even when he doesn't have any hits to his Accuracy level, he misses. Make the damn hits already!

Salazar has so far survived to evolve into an Arbok, so that's heartening. Also, once we reached Route 7, we caught a Growlithe! Her name is Ivy and she's just the fluffiest little thing! I'm so excited! happy0192 Free Emoticons   Happy

Love ya, Jessie. love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment