Friday, August 9, 2013

deviantART Folder Descriptions

Intro/Overview

I am addicted to browsing deviantART. I totally admit to this. I'm not ashamed of enjoying art.

If you aren't familiar with deviantART, you should get familiar. It's awesome. However, in order to show your appreciation for the art you like, you either have to add it to your "Favourites" or comment on it. I prefer adding things to my "Favourites." I've also gone and divided my "Favourites" into a bunch of folders with rather generic titles that can sometimes be confusing because a title is just a title and not a description.

The mood struck me today to go ahead and give descriptions for my deviantART folders for both my personal gallery and my favorites. So that's what I'm going to do with this blog post.

Personal Gallery

Avatar Art

I do art for the people of Gaiaonline and myself based off our avatars on the site. Mostly, this gallery contains ponies, because I specialize in turning your humanoid avatar into a pony-shaped version. "If it exists, there's pony of it." - Rules of the Internet #780

Commissioned Murals

I sometimes do murals for people. This includes painting furniture in a mural-like format.


Painted Corkboard

Corkboard can be both functional and pretty. The corkboard I've painted goes here.

Icons

I discovered how to further personalize my computer with icons and decided to make my own to fill in the gaps from the other sets I found.

Sketches

Where my pencil-on-paper art lives.

My Little Ponies

Any My Little Pony art I've done goes here, even if it's also in the Avatar Art folder.

Perler Creations

I like messing around with Perler Beads. Anything I've made with Perler Beads gets to live here.

Customs

I sometimes customize My Little Pony figures, mostly with paint.

My Room Murals

My bedroom is covered in murals I created with a lot of help from my friends.

Miscellaneous

What the title implies, essentially. Anything that doesn't fit in the above categories lives here.

"Favourites" Gallery

MLP

Anything that features canon My Little Pony art goes here.

OC Ponies

Every fandom has it's own sheaf of Original Charaters. Ponies created by the fandom go here.

Crossovers

Art featuring things from two or more fandoms goes here.

Humanized

People like to take ponies and redrawn them as though they were human. At least, that's how this folder started out. Might also contain humanized Pokemon or something.

Comics

My favorite webcomics that are posted on deviantART.

Customs and Sculpture

A catch-all for custom toys, sculpture, books, plushies, etc.

Cosplay

A catch-all for people in costumes or fur-suits.

Anime or Game Based

If it's Anime, it goes here. If it's based on a board game, it goes here. If it's based on a video game, it goes here. If it's Pokemon, it goes here.

Animals

I love looking at animal photography and art.

Miscellaneous

If it doesn't it anywhere else, it goes here.

Book Based

Uhm... yeah... this started as a place to put my favorite Harry Potter art and then morphed into anything that could come out of a book, but it's still mostly Harry Potter art.

Superhumans

If the character comes out of a comic book, it finds its way to this folder.

Landscapes and Buildings

Photography, art, or renderings of landscapes, buildings, and other stuff related to those two things.

Doctor Who

I'm a Whovian so it follows that I'd like Doctor Who art.

Jewelery

Shiny stuff you can wear.

Clothes

People make pretty wearable stuff that doesn't necessarily have to be used for Cosplay but sometimes is... and stuff.

Tutorials and Patterns

A depository for stuff I'm using to learn how to do art.

Gender Bent

Anything that was male is now female and vice versa. "For every male character there is a female version. No Exceptions." - Rules of the Internet #63

Disney Based

If Disney made a version of it, that version has then been used to create art.

Resources

Textures, brushes, stock images, etc.

Conclusion/Housekeeping

Did I mention that I'm extremely organized and annoyed that deviantART doesn't have folder descriptions? Yeah so... if you'd ever taken a look at my "Favourites" and wondered why a certain piece went where I put it, now you know... unless I made a mistake, which I am sort of prone to...

Also, have I mentioned I take commissions? If you're interested, drop me a line and I'll see what I can do for you.

Uhm... I think that's pretty much it for now... I'm just about to finish the first Season of Batman Beyond, so I'll be reviewing that in the very near future... and jumping on a couple book reviews I haven't gotten around to yet...

Love ya, Jessie. love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment