Friday, March 29, 2013

Mr. Sandman - Review

I would like to start off this blog post by saying: I'm totally caught up on Grimm now. I would have included Initial Reactions to tonight's episode with this post, except, well, I was babysitting my nephew. I didn't get to do Initial Reactions, though I did watch the episode... well, watching it as I type.

SPOILER WARNING

If you have not seen last week's episode of Grimm, please leave the blog and come back later. The following review contains spoilers. This week's episode review should be done tomorrow, so no spoilers for that.

Grimm - "Mr. Sandman" - Review

Hooray for development! Here we got a bunch of stuff with Juliette, a short bit with Renard, and even some development of powers for Nick. Seems bits of Juliette's memories are coming back in a fairly spooky fashion. Looks like I was a bit right about those electrical motes being synapses firing. We didn't really get an explanation for them. Renard's mind seems to be having a hard time letting go of Juliette. Not sure what's going on with the aging thing, but it was creepy.

Speaking of creepy, I thought the Jinnamuru Xunte was creepy as fuck, more so because of his power than his appearance. I'm having a very visceral reaction to even the thought of maggot-y worms in my eyes. I'm pretty sure the Grimm team is going to have to try really hard to top themselves in terms of creep-factor for me. At the same time, the Jinnamuru Xunte's powers either gave Nick a new power or triggered one he already had. It's rather Daredevil-esque, this power. I do hope he gets to use it more often.

Last but not least on my list of things to talk about is about Miss Adalind. I want to know who this Hexenbeist she's talking to is and what she's gonna do. As much as I hate Adalind, her storyline right now has got me hooked. I wanna know!

After watching this week's episode, I seriously cannot wait for next week! But more on that later...

Housekeeping

I'm slowly catching myself up with shows. Tomorrow I'm planning to watch last week's Once Upon a Time and maybe Arrow and Supernatural, though I'm definitely watching Doctor Who. That's right, Doctor Who is coming back tomorrow! I'm so excited!

Love ya, Jessie. love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment