Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Shakespeare Code Returns

Yes, I know, crappy title mix up, but hey, there's a surprise there. I've been re-watching Doctor Who with my dad, who's watching it for the first time. We finally caught up to where I stopped reviewing so... I have a surprise Doctor Who review for you!

SPOILER WARNING

If you have not seen tonight's episode of Arrow or the third season of Doctor Who (2005-present series), there will be spoilers.

Doctor Who - "The Shakespeare Code" - Review

Oh, where to start on this one? "The Shakespeare Code" was fun, I'll say that. This was one of those episodes that got some flack from older Whovians, I noticed. After watching it for what seems like the zillionth time, I've got to agree with some of their points. I haven't really outlined what those points are, but there are some of them in the following paragraphs.

Martha Jones was rather... I dunno, a mix of boring, brash, and pouty. She goes through some of the normal "first time travel" bits and then up and starts randomly blabbing stuff she shouldn't. The Doctor telling her not to step on butterflies apparently means she can just say whatever she likes without worrying about the timeline. Gah! And then she gets all pouty when The Doctor doesn't give her the time of night while he's thinking. I just want to strangle her sometimes!

I thought Shakespeare was awesome. This "rock star" interpretation of him was amusing, though The Doctor quoting randomly at him was annoying. I did not like the Carrionites, though I found the explanation of their "witchcraft" interesting. But can anyone use words that way then, or just that race? And how does it work exactly?

The whole thing together was fun, though. I enjoyed the running around. I enjoyed Shakespeare for once. I even enjoyed the Expelliarmus to get rid of the Carrionites. With witches on the brain, I'd probably have blurted that out, too.

Arrow - "The Huntress Returns" - Initial Reactions

  •  W00T strip club...
  • Hello bit of the comic outfit.
  • The club is finally finished?
  • That was corny, McKenna.
  • See, Alex Kingston I can take seriously. Ian Somerholder, not so much.
  • Because it creates drama! Can't have a show without drama!
  • Roy's back. Yay.
  • He called the club Verde? Did I hear that right?
  • Significantly nerve-wracking?
  • Well Olly looks disappointed.
  • Awkward...
  • Gee, confrontations are fun.
  • Saw that coming a little bit.
  • Much smoother liar than Olly.
  • Oh! Verdant! Not as green referencing as I thought. I'm slightly disappointed.
  • Don't know why you thought he'd be the same when he got back anyway, Tommy.
  • Always a pertinent question...
  • Gonna blow that puppy up.
  • When in doubt, hit it.
  • Does Olly keep calling her "Speedy" or "Sweetie"?
  • And apparently he doesn't even get a mention during that scene.
  • Even simulated clubs on TV give me a headache.
  • Angry Olly is scary Olly.
  • He didn't do anything to try and stop her in the first place...
  • And Felicity meets Helena and instantly gets shot down.
  • This again?
  • He's a really good shot.
  • Because it's not his secret, Laurel. You should really just tell her that.
  • Cute, Roy, real cute.
  • This is where Roy gets to be the hero.
  • If he's quipping, he's probably okay.
  • Car chase time.
  • Of course Olly got the decoy. It wouldn't be fun otherwise.
  • She looks a bit Catwoman with that mask.
  • Apparently that eye-makeup came off easily, but just enough to leave tasteful eye-makeup.
  • Starling City has a bar instead of a metal look for the handcuffs.
  • Hello breakout.
  • I'm sure the teen-girls are being all "OMG, his shirt is off!"
  • Nice, Thea.
  • So why send her to Rome, then?
  • Oh hey, that B-story/flashback thing...
  • So now Olly's gonna break up with McKenna...
  • Or not.
  • Good girl, Felicity.
  • Hello really obvious plot-thing.
  • Gee, that's a nice way to greet people who come into a semi-public office, even if it turned out to be Diggle.
  • Helena vs Olly. Fun fun.
  • That was an awesome jump, there.
  • McKenna's probably going to get seriously hurt here.
  • Nice, she caught it.
  • You were being a bad guy, of course he'd have killed you.
  • Called it!
  • And now Olly's all broken up about it.
  • And there's the break up, 'cept she's breaking up with him.
  • Good on you, Detective Lance.
  • Yup, that sucks... and really, being in a relationship does not make you automatically happy.
  • Apparently their mistake is not looking close to where they are.

Gaiaonline Easter Event

It has officially begun! The war for or against cute is... interesting, but not nearly as fun as it could have been. There's essentially a lot of thread-spamming and egg-hunting. Egg-hunting is... difficult without a list of eggs. I'm having fun with it, anyway.

Love ya, Jessie. love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment