Monday, March 11, 2013

The Miller's Daughter

SPOILER ALERT

If you have not seen last night's episode of Once Upon a Time, please leave the blog and come back after you've watched it. The following review will contain spoilers.

Once Upon a Time - "The Miller's Daughter" - Review

This was one of the creepier episodes of Once Upon a Time. I've never been comfortable with the idea of Rumple and Cora as a couple. I was even less comfortable seeing it in its full-blown form. That was just... ick. That said, I very much enjoyed Rose McGowan's portrayal of young Cora. I didn't much like Cora's motivation, though. That was rather insane and didn't really make sense to me.

I really liked Emma using magic, though her protection spell was really weak. At least it seemed that way to me. I liked the further explanation of magic. It makes sense that magic isn't all in the mind. If it were, everyone would be able to do it. Channeling emotion takes skill. The explanation really spoke to me as a writer.

I think Snow going "dark side" was a good thing. I don't think "good" should be black and white. I thought the difference between Cora without her heart and with it was subtle to begin with. When she got her heart back, it was kind of intensely obvious that it was back. I thought that was a little weird, but nice at the same time.

And yes, I was wrong about Regina being mind-controlled. However, I still didn't like her quick turn around when it came to Cora. She lost credibility in my eyes and I don't think she's going to be a credible villain for me anymore.

I can't wait till next week and the full aftermath of Regina going completely dark side.

Obelisk War Update

Looks like we're getting another round of stronger Battledome opponents for the Obelisk War over on Neopets. Honestly, I couldn't even hold my own against the second tier of fighters so... that event's essentially gone down the drain for me.

Love ya, Jessie. love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment