Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Queen Is Dead - Review

So sorry I didn't get to this yesterday, there was much tiredness and sore legs going on. Instead I did some sketches for some Gaiaonline commissions I did. Finished one of them today:

Anyway... here's your SPOILER WARNING for the following review: If you have not seen this week's episode of Once Upon a Time, please leave the blog and come back later.

Once Upon a Time - "The Queen Is Dead" - Review

I was not entirely enamored with this episode. I thought Cora being the one behind Snow's mother's death was contrived. I think maybe it might get better with the knowledge of why Cora had anything against Snow's mother. And why has she made it her mission to corrupt Snow? And why is Regina still being loyal to Cora? What? I seriously thought she was going to jump in with Snow and Charming there, but no, of course not. Gah! But ya, know, we gotta wait till next week for a bunch of explanation about Cora... apparently.

I thought the stuff in New York was also rather contrived. A completely throw-away line about Hook's ship being the fastest does not explain how Hook found them in the middle of New York. That was ridiculous. I used to like Hook, now he just bugs me. I think Gold's sudden turn-around on how he treats Henry was also ridiculous, even knowing about the prophecy-thing. Gold should have treated Henry like dirt from the beginning, instead of acting grandfather-y. Neil/Balefire having a fiance was kind of obvious. They had to have some other twist to his character.

Speaking of Balefire, I said in my Initial Reactions that I'm jumping on the "Balefire is Peter Pan theory" bandwagon. I've been hearing about that for a while, but didn't really have any opinion about it till Balefire said something about it. Yeah, he didn't say exactly where he'd been, but he did hint at a) having skills to pilot a boat and b) having been somewhere he didn't age. Both are things Peter Pan did. So... yeah.

I can't wait till next week mainly just to get the bad taste of this episode out of my head.

Housekeeping

I have plans to see The Great and Powerful Oz on Thursday night. I will probably have a review of it up on Friday... along with my Grimm Initial Reactions and possible TVD review. There are shenanigans going on with The CW... and did I say Grimm? Yes, yes I did. Grimm is back this Friday! I can't wait!

Love ya, Jessie. love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment