Monday, November 19, 2012

Vampires, Hexenbiest, and Ponies

I'm going to start out with a big fat SPOILER WARNING for anyone who has not seen last week's Grimm or My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. And also, if you haven't seen Breaking Dawn Part 2, go away. There will be SPOILERS! Also, there is a small instance of profanity. If you'd like, though, you can just skip down to the Housekeeping section to find out what I'm doing these next couple of days.

Grimm - "Season of the Hexenbiest" - Review

I think I forgot how much I liked Adalind running around messing with people. She's a giant slimy bitch, but she's fun to have around. I liked that we got a lot of Monroe this episode, he made me laugh. He also has a semi-permanent room for Nick, which is cool. And speaking of, the whole Nick/Juliette/Renard thing has really heated up and I'm glad we got to see more of Juliette having issues because of it. Her picking at the Wessen thing is nice, I hope she gets to be let in on the big secret soon.

Altogether, I really enjoyed this episode. I want more!

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic - "Too Many Pinkie Pies" - Review

I was left with the overwhelming urge to slap Twilight Sparkle, and everyone else for that manner, a few times. It was SO OBVIOUS that the sad Pinkie was the real Pinkie! Twilight even tells Spike "They all say they're the real Pinkie." Only, the real Pinkie didn't so... that's gotta be the real one, duh? I wasn't really enamored with this episode, but it was kinda fun initially.

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 - Review

This was my first time seeing a Twilight movie in a room full of fans and that definitely had an impact on my enjoyment of this movie. Overall, the acting was much improved from the beginning and it was further underscored by my little sister and I having watched New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn Part 1 the night before. I really, really enjoyed this movie.

I love, love, loved the vision Alice shared with Aro. I'd known it was coming, but I got sucked into it anyway. One of the guys sitting behind my sisters and I was like "I was getting into it!" after the vision ended. The action during that scene was awesome and thoroughly satisfying. I think my favorite bit was Alice dragging Jane to Sam to get her comeuppance.

Of the new characters introduced, I enjoyed Benjamin and Garrett the most, just like I did in the books. Benjamin was just a blast of fresh air into an almost entirely uptight cast of newcomers. Favorite bit with Benjamin: his first appearance. That was just epically awesome. Garrett totally made my day in the few scenes he got to be in. He was funny and entirely genuine. My favorite part with him was around the campfire as he commended Liam on an awesome revolution. I laughed.

I really liked that we didn't stay home with Bella and Edward like we did in the books. Traveling with the others and even getting a glimpse at what the Volturi were doing made the story feel just that much more epic. Favorite part of traveling: Emmett and Rosalie picking up Garrett. Garrett telling his prey to shut up had me loving him instantly.

There were a couple of things that bug me about the movie versus the book, though. First off, Bella twigged about the Merchant of Venice book immediately in the book, but here it seemed to take forever. Second, there wasn't enough interaction between Bella and Renesmee. Kristen Stewart seemed kind of fake in a couple of the scenes she had with Renesmee simply because the interaction wasn't there. I was especially sad Renesmee wasn't in the scene where Kate, Garrett, Emmett, and Edward were teaching Bella to shield properly. The entire reason Bella got her shield extended in the books was because Renesmee was in "danger" from Kate. Another niggle: Seth didn't break any bones. When he leapt between Bella and Jacob, her was supposed to have gotten his shoulder broken. But no, he just shook it off like being thrown really hard into a tree was nothing. What?

Anyway, I do believe Breaking Dawn Part 2 is my favorite in the series. I will definitely be watching it a few times after it's on DVD.

Housekeeping

Uhmm... yeah... I was gonna watch Arrow last night but my computer decided it didn't like Flash Player for no reason. I should be getting both Arrow and The Vampire Diaries watched in the next couple of days. Meantime, I'm going to be painting my nephew's chifferobe and working on redoing/doing some fanfiction covers for my stuff on fanfiction.net. I've already redone the one for Heat Wave, if you wanna go have a look...

Love ya, Jessie. love0052 Free Emoticons   Love

No comments:

Post a Comment